~Chapter 1~

~Brendon's POV~

Brendon chewed on the inside of his cheek as he made his bed. All he could think about was the announcement made only days prior. All of the students attending had been informed of a new student that would be placed. He was forced out of his thoughts when the boys rushed to the window.

"Is he here?,"

"Get off of me, Michael,"

"It's Mikey and I'm not on you, Spencer,"

"Guys, shut up. He's getting out of the car,"

Everyone spoke in hushed tones as if they would be executed in they spoke any louder. They probably would with how predatorial Ryan became.

"Someone is gonna take that place, Brendon. I don't like it," speak of the devil. Ryan looked toward the shorter boy after he finished speaking. Brendon looked toward the barren mattress next to his before looking back. "Do you?," Ryan finished, his eyebrows lifting before he walked away with the rest of the boys. Once everyone was gone, Brendon made his way over to the large window, peering out at the new kid. The first thing he noticed was the red shirt he wore. It was a button up. 'That's got to go,' he thought to himself, being reminded of the uniforms they were to wear. Brendon didn't notice he was staring until the boy looked up at him. His breath stopped as he made eye contact, a blush forming on his cheeks. The boy was stunning. 'Wait, what?,' he thought. Brendon cleared his throat before leaving the window quickly.

~Dallon's POV~

Dallon could feel eyes on him as he held a bag with personal items. He slowly looked up to find a boy his age looking down at him. He couldn't see much of the figure, but he could see his face. Fair complexion, thick lips, and from, what he could see, semi-large eyes. He nodded in acknowledgement only to have the male walk away.

Dallon realized that he needed to walk to the admissions office and began to make his way to the room.

Once he stepped foot into the large office, he sat down on one of the couches across from his stepfather. "It's about time," John hissed to his stepson. "Now, now. It wasn't that long, Mr. Embers," The headmaster stated, kneeling down infront of Dallon. "I'm Headmaster Harrison. You're on your own now, Dallon," he stated with an overly friendly smile. "But don't worry. So are the rest of the boys," he added before standing up again, walking over to John after picking up they clipboard.

"So you will be moving to Washington?," he asked, getting ready to write down the answer. "Yes. My wife is already there," he responded. "Yes, and emergency contacts?," he asked, his eyes never once leaving the the paper. John's eyes, however, remained on Dallon. "We won't be needing any," he stated venomously before standing up. Dallon's jaw tightened as he glared.

"Do I sign somewhere?,"

"Right here," Mr. Harrison handed John the clipboard, pointing to a place on the paper to which John gladly signed before leaving.

"Now, Dallon, I will have Mr. Drake take you to get your uniform and have a few other," he looked at Dallon's bag. "Issues sorted out," he added, putting emphasis on the word 'issues'.

Dallon stood and followed Mr. Drake out of the office and into another room. When they entered the room, Dallon's bag was taken from his grasp and place on a table. Dallon was about to protest when he saw the bag being opened and emptied. Each item was placed into a bin of which Dallon had a clear view of.

When Dallon saw his journal being tossed into the bin he gasped as he picked it up, looking at the book with his name marked along the spine.

"C-can I just keep this?," he asked, his voice wavering. The journal meant so much to him as it was the last gift he had received from his father before his passing. He wrote everything in there.

Mr. Drew stopped, turning toward him as he pushed his glasses up the bridge of his nose. He took two steps toward the 17 year old before taking in a sharp breath.

"BEHAVE!," the older man screeched as he harshly slapped Dallon across the face. His balance wavered as tears prickled his eyes, a look of shock evident on his face. Dallon slowly looked back at Mr. Drew. His journal was promptly ripped from his hand.

"It's against school regulations," Mr. Drew tilted his head. "You do know what a regulation is, do you?," he hissed as tossed the red book into the bin.

~Time skip~

Dallon stood in front of the empty bed as he held in a few tears. With his eyes closed so tight Dallon didn't notice anyone enter, but with a sigh sounding from his left his eyes snapped open. It was the boy from the window. He was much shorter than he had thought.

The boy placed box onto the bed before turning to look at Dallon. "These are your things," he stated, picking up a green paper journal. "And this is your journal. We have a daily log that we have to do before we go to bed," he stated before handing it to him.

The boy stopped, looking at Dallon's red tinted cheek before placing the back of his hand on the flesh. His eyes narrowed in pity before he took his hand down. Dallon was a little disappointed in the loss of contact as it was calming in the current situation he was in.

"He was only harsh on you because it's your first day," he reached into his pocket. "Can I give you some advice?," he asked, taking out a candy from his pocket and unwrapping it. The boy's arm came up as he placed to red candy in the taller male's mouth, a slight blush appearing on his face. Dallon, however, didn't notice as he was stuck on the boy's brown eyes.

"Never cry,"

______________________________

Sup, my dudes. sorry if it was absolute trash oops. I wrote in the past 24 hours.

Please leave some feedback <3