There was...

She awoke in the dark on the rocky ground. She could see nothing.

She thought about what she was, what was she doing here and what this was. She thought about these three things and much more for years, or were they hours. She didn't care, all she knew was that she was alone in the dark on the floor of the earth, was that what she was going to call it? The earth.
Her eyes finally adjusted to the darkness of the night, night, well it has quite a nice ring to it. She thought on and on.

Suddenly something appeared on the floor in front of her, then she realised that she was being watched. She looked round, weary of what the others she could see could do to her. She looked at the thing that had appeared in front of her." I will call you a boy." She whispered quietly. Could the others see her like she could see them? She didn't know.

The boy on the floor stood up and sat next to her, she moved slightly so as not to scare him. Scare? She thought. Good word... Word?... well anyway good- GOOD that was another word that she had made, she thought about what light would be like. Then light came and it swallowed everything it saw. It blinded her for a minute. She blinked continuously so she could see properly again. It was... it was, was... BEAUTIFUL she thought. Maybe I'm beautiful as well. The boy is not beautiful, he is something else...what should i call it... umm... handsome, there we go handsome shall be the boy word for beautiful. She thought.

He looked at her... " Hello." She said to him. He didn't say anything." Hello." She was feeling something that she had never felt before, what could she call it... annoyance or anger, she wasn't sure. Hold on what were years, and what were hours. Time. That is its name now. She wanted to make something to show time, ooh... a clock. She thought. A clock sounds nice it would have moving sticks that point at... umm... numbers!

She wondered if the others had thought of any words. She became bored so she got a rock and started to make something on the floor. She called it drawing.

She stopped drawing and looked around everyone had left her.

Except for the boy.

He looked at her... expectantly...