chapter 3

{JACOB'S POV}

i dont know how long we had been in this position, wrapped up in each others comfort.

my wolf was sighing in content having our precious little mate safe in our arms. what surprised me was when her small arm wound itself around my waist and she relaxed against me, laying her pretty little head on my chest, blonde hair flowing down her back.

right now i was in pure bliss. as corny as it sounds, it felt as though we were the only two people here right now. wrapped up in each other, her head on my chest and arm around my waist while my arms had wrapped themselves around her small torso holding her to me as my head rested on top of hers, breathing in her calming scent.

i was pleased when she didnt object to me touching her at all, knowing she enjoyed my touch by the small shivers of pleasure and her relaxed aura she was giving off. my wolf was begging for me to grab her face and unite our lips and mark her, but i knew i needed to be patient with her. i needed to slowly gain hers and her brothers trust before i even so much as kissed my perfect little mate.

her trust i figured would be easier just because the mating bond would be working its magic and causing her to be drawn to me and to trust me. her brother would be another story though. i had heard around about how protective over her he was and i knew by the time she was mine and i could let loose my feelings completely the protectiveness from the both of us would at sometimes become overbearing for her. i just needed to show her brother that i wouldnt, and couldnt hurt her.

i was pulled from my thoughts when i felt her stir in my arms, only again becoming aware she was still awake, her stillness and soft breathing making her seem as though she had peacefully drifted off. gently covering her mouth, the small yawn she emited told me i was near correct and she would be heading off to dreamland soon. she looked up at me with her soft gaze as my chest rumbled against her head in a quiet chuckle. i just gazed down at her pale, soft face, cheeks permanetly tinted with a light pink, big blue eyes peering up at me, smooth pink lips, and a small little nose. everything suited her perfectly. her small, yet slightly curvy frame made her all the more desirable to any male who would see her. soft and wavy, dirty blonde hair flowing down her back perfectly. no other male would be having her though. that was final.

{JAY'S POV}

i watched on as he looked down at me from his towering height, even as he rested his chin on the top of my head earlier he had stooped down a little to reach my height. his frame dwarfing mine in nearly every way i could think of. as i watched him i couldnt help but blush a little at the way he was looking down at me, mixed emotions playing in his gentle eyes. he peered back into my eyes again and he looked as though he wanted to say something until we were broken out of our little bubble by someone clearing their throat causing us both to look over at who had appeared.

"your brother's looking for you." Hunter stated as he looked at me with a confused expression and Jacob with a pissed one.

recieving my small nod i carefully untangled myself from Jacob's comforting hold and bent down to get my things only to make it less than two inches down before they where carefully being placed into my arm. looking up, i was not as shocked to see Jacob there carefully putting my backpack strap around my shoulder.

he gently wrapped his arms around me before moving his head down near my ear before quietly telling me that he'd see me tomorrow, pulling back giving me a faint smile he made his way to the exit of the school to the parking lot.

i was brought back to reality when Hunter gently shook my shoulder with his large hand.

"Jay? what the fuck was that about? why the hell was he touching you?"

his tone of voice surprised me, holding an underlying anger to it at the thought of the boy who had currently been embracing me.

i slightly looked down letting my hair fall partially over my face before speaking.

"h-he walked me from class and we were just hugging..."

i could hear him let out a sigh and i figured he was running a hand though his hair. i looked up and my thoughts were confirmed as he was shaking his head and running his large hand through his hair messing it up more than it already was.

"lets just go. Zack's been looking everywhere for you." he pulled out his phone probaly sending my brother a text before he turned and headed the same way Jacob had gone without another glance back. i silently followed behind as we make our way to Zack's truck in the school parking lot.

when we reached Zack's truck he immediatly looked up, relief covering his features as he spotted up.

"where were you bug? you didnt answer your phone..."

before i reply, Hunter's voice cut me off, a displeased edge to his words. "she was getting cozy with Winter's in the hallway at her locker."