How You Meet

[Y/N]'s POV

Natsu:

X778

"Give her back!" I cried, angrily wiping the tears from my face. A group of bullies had grabbed my talking cat, Julia, while we were walking through Magnolia.

"Or what? You'll use your stupid magic on us? You're too weak to take us on!" The lead bully taunted. His friends snickered as they surrounded you.

"[n/n]!" Julia cried. I raised my hands and the boys laughed. I desperately pulled at my magic, trying to make at least a breeze. Before I could concentrate enough, I was punched to the ground. I could feel my eye beginning to swell as I struggled to push myself up. A sharp pain told me that I had just been kicked in the stomach. I gasped as another was landed on my back.

"Let her go, you monsters!" Julia screamed.

"Shut the cat up!" The lead bully ordered.

"Leave her alone, you bastards!" I growled, reaching inside of myself for my magic. Before I could wield it, a fiery fist slammed into the face of one of the bullies. My eyes widened as I saw a pink-haired boy knocking another bully to the ground. A small blue blur dashed through the air towards the boy holding Julia and smashed into his face. The pink cat fell towards the ground but I jumped up and caught her in my arms.

"Guys! Get the pink kid!" The leader, who had a bloody nose, shouted. They all launched at my savior and that was the final straw. I let out a battle cry and summoned my magic. A white magic circle formed before my hand and violent gusts flew towards the bullies. They immediately were thrown away.

"Let's get outta here!" The bullies cried. My chest heaved as I clutched Julia tightly in my arms.

"Hey, are you okay?" A voice asked. My drooping eyes turned to the boy who saved us. Before I could stop myself, I felt my legs buckle from beneath me.

"[y/n]!" Julia cried as my vision went black.

I opened my eyes to a small form cuddling my neck. I groaned as I sat up in the bed I was laying in. Julia's bright red eyes moved into view, shimmering with tears. She didn't speak, just broke down crying. She buried her face in my neck as I lifted my hand to stroke her head.

"I'm okay, Julie. And so are you. They can't hurt us anymore." I murmured. The door slammed open and my head snapped forward. It was the boy with the pink hair and the blue blur, which I could now see was a flying cat just like Julia.

"You're awake!" The boy grinned, running forward. My eyes widened as I stared at him.

"W-Who are you? Where are we?" I questioned, scared. The boy noticed this and his head tilted.

"My name's Natsu and this is Happy! You're at the Fairy Tail guild." He told me, smiling.

"Fairy Tail?" I asked.

"It's a wizard guild, my dear." An elderly voice told me. Julia pulled away from my chest to look at the small man.

"You're wizards?" I asked, curiously.

"Yup! I'm a Fire Dragon Slayer!" Natsu boasted, grinning. My eyes nearly bulged from my head.

"That's so cool!" I whispered. "Do you do magic?" The old man asked. I turned back to him and nodded.

"She uses Wind Magic! I saw it!" Natsu exclaimed, his eyes bright. My cheeks flushed. The old man walked forward, standing right next to Natsu.

"How would you like to join Fairy Tail?" he asked me, smiling largely.