Chapter 5: confession

It had been weeks since you last saw Ike. You didn't even bother going to the library or even draw. Jessica had been trying to cheer you up a bit, but the only thing that had crossed your mind was him.

Until one fateful day, you needed to check out a book for a project.

You definitely forgot he was there, since you were rushing and you decided to do it on the last day. You tried to reach for it, jumping up and down, until someone grabbed it for you.

"Thank y—"

Your eyes widened at him. You wanted to run again, but your legs weren't listening to you this time.

"Where were you all these weeks?"

"At home..."

"Well, you know I don't care that you dressed up as a boy for hockey."

"Really?"

"Yeah. You're actually pretty good. You should try joining back."

"Actually, my friend forced me to join... but it's pretty fun. It was hard to quit sinceIloveyou," you said the last part while mumbling really hard, hoping he wouldn't hear you.

"I love you too," he admitted.

You looked up with him confused and surprised as he leaned in and smashed his lips to yours.

The books you have read said that kisses were magical but... they were way more than that. When you guys finally pulled away, you looked into his eyes lovingly.

"So... be my girlfriend?"

"Yes!" You exclaimed.

The librarian put a finger to her mouth, signaling you to shut the fu—I mean be quiet.

"Sorry," you whispered. You turned to your new boyfriend, grinning.

And only to think this all happened from just some hockey games.