Chapter 2

Every single morning when you wake up there is a split second were you forget everything about who you are and what's happening in your life, but then all of a sudden all of your problems and everything in your life comes back to you. Today was just an ordinary Thursday morning, I woke up went downstairs and was ignored by my family, but today there was one thing different. I was actually excited about something in the near future, I had a date with the new kid at school, Alex.

As I walked to school, I couldn't help but smile at all of our fun history lessons together and all of the fun things we did in the lunch breaks. My friends were impressed and a little bit shocked at the fact that I had a date. They started making jokes about how I was now wearing makeup and doing things to my long curly brown hair because I wanted to look good in case I ran into him at school. In all honesty they were right, it was exactly what I was doing.

Once I was in the school, I found my friends and we started talking about how we were going to plan this big sleepover.

"So I was thinking you could invite Alex", said Miranda.

"But he doesn't even know half of you", I replied.

"Well if he's now going to be your boyfriend, it couldn't hurt if we knew him", said Jess.

"Okay, I guess I'll think about it then", I replied summoning the nicest voice I could.

The bell rang and we all walked off to class.

"Hey Alex...my friends were thinking about a sleepover and they were wondering if you wanted to come?" I asked nervously as I expected to be declined.

"Yeah, sounds like fun!" he laughed. I was utterly shocked I didn't expect to hear that come out of his mouth.

The teacher yelled out for us to come into class.

It was just like a normal English lesson, except i wasn't waiting for too end, in fact I didn't want it to end. I felt so loved and so in control of my life, I felt like nothing could ever bring me down, ever again.

When the lesson was over everyone went outside and grabbed their bags, as Alex was putting his bag away, his phone beeped.

"Could you get that", he smiled.

"Sure", I replied.

I looked down at his phone and couldn't believe my eyes.

The message was from someone named sutton.

"Can't wait for our date tonight, babe", she said.

Suddenly I felt enraged, I dropped his phone and ran off, I couldn't believe how stupid I felt thinking that I actually had a chance with someone.

In the corner of my eyes, I could see him looking at his phone, his expression dropped.

"Wait! Come back!", he yelled.

But I turned the corner before he could yell anything else out to me.

That night I locked myself in my bedroom and waited for all the apology calls from him, but there was nothing. He didn't even send me a message. Our date was tomorrow night and then the sleepover was on Saturday. I decided to be the bigger person and I texted him. I'll give you one chance to explain, I wrote. Come to the date tomorrow night, he said. Please. Fine, I replied.

That morning I did the same old usual thing I did every morning except this time, I wasn't thinking about the date, I was thinking about who that bitch was that stole him from me. I grabbed my bag, ran out the door and took the long way to school.

When I got their, everyone was running up to me and saying that they heard that me and Alex had gotten together, I felt like a fucking celebrity being pestered by the paparazzi.

The rest of the day seemed to go slower than it usually did. Every class we had together, I spent the entire time staring at him, just thinking about what the hell was going on in his brain.

As the last bell of the day rang, I decided to talk to him about our date that was tonight.

"Hey", I said in a hard to get voice.

"Hey", he replied.

"I'm sorry about yesterday. She's just an old girlfriend that won't take no for an answer", he said sympathetically.

"You expect me to believe that?" , I retorted.

"I'll explain everything tonight", he whispered.

"But whatever you do, you can't tell anyone about it", he grinned.

"Sounds fun, I'll see you there", I said sarcastically.