Chapter 3

Chapter 3:

{Ryan}
"Can we please go to the food court now?" I ask Bryan as we walk through the mall. I look at all the bags of clothes that Bryan forced me to buy and he nods his head in an approving manner. "Yeah. We can go to the food court now." He says and I let out an excited cheer of pure joy. "Yay! Food!" I say and I pull him towards the food court with a huge smile on my face.

When we walk into the food court I just breathe in the greatest smell in this entire world: food. I immediately walk over to the Asian food section and wait in line for my chance to get my food. When I reach the front of the line I'm overcome with a huge amount of happiness. "Hello my name is Alex. What can I help you with today?" The guy says in a monotone voice before he looks up at me and his eyes widen to the size of softballs. "Hi. Can I get the orange chicken with a side of fried rice?" I say and he nods his head while his eyes are still on me.

     "Sure. Would you like some fortune cookies with that?" He says and I nod my head. "What's your name?" He asks as he makes my food. "It's Ryan," I answer and he does a double take. "Really?" He asks and I nod my head. "That's my brother's name." He says and I nod my head. "That's awesome!" I say and he passes me my to-go plate of food. "I wrote my phone number on the inside of the plate." He says with a playful wink and I giggle.

If Bryan saw you do that you'd be six feet under the ground right now.

Bryan's a little bit overprotective, but I don't mind at all. Before him, no one cared about me at all, not one bit. After my mom cheated on my dad, he left. He said that he didn't want to, but that he had to or he would hurt her. After he left my mom started to drink, and started sleeping with all of these different men. My dad would call me and visit every once in a while, but I haven't actually seen him face-to-face in about two years. Before Bryan and I met I was the person that everyone picked on. That they all laughed at, and they threw down my books just for fun. After we met it was like everyone finally saw me.

Snapping out of my little daydream I walk over to a booth and sit down in it before I start to eat. I look around at all of the people here and laugh a little before I put my earphones into my ears and listen to the 'RMS Titanic' by Adam R. Young. I'm about to put a piece of orange chicken into my mouth when someone grabs it from my fork. I immediately turn my fork around and poke whoever did it.

     "What was that for?!" Bryan yells as he sits down beside me. "I'm so sorry Bryan! I've told you a million times not to eat my food." I say and he just sighs. "Right. I'm sorry." He says as I kiss him on his cheek. I look at his pizza and grab a slice. "What was that for?" He asks again and I look at him before I shrug my shoulders. "Because you took my chicken," I say and Bryan starts to look around the room. His eyes tune onto something or someone and he abruptly stands up.

     "What's going on?" I ask Bryan as he pulls me up and grabs all of the bags. "Where are we going?" I ask as I run after him. "Keep your head down and follow me." He whispers in a deathly, low tone and I nod my head.

     We get to the car and he pushes me into it before he hops into the other side, and starts the car before he drives off. "What was that all about?" I ask as Bryan starts to calm down. "Ummmm, I can't tell you." He says and I take a deep breath before I slowly let it out. "If you don't tell me what happened, and why you were acting crazy I swear to Jesus Christ I will stab you again," I say and he just laughs at me. I slam my hands on the dashboard and glare at him. "Bryan I am DEAD SERIOUS! You gave me all of this confidence, and now I'm using it! Now tell me what's going on right now!" I shout at him as he slams his feet on the brake.

     "One of the other gangs in town was looking right at us. He looked like he was trying to remember your face. I had to get you out of there before he had the chance to." Bryan says before he starts the car back up. "Are you okay?" He asks and I nod my head. "Yeah, I'm fine. Are you?" I ask and he nods his head. "As long as you are." He answers before he turns his head back to the road.

{A few minutes later...}
When we get back to the house, Bryan jumps out of the car and grabs all of the stuff before he practically runs into the house. I run after him and follow him as he runs into the kitchen. "What's wrong?" Robert asks as Ayanah slide off of his lap and walks over to me. "Hey, Ryan. How's life been treating you?" She asks and I fake a smile. "It's been okay," I answer and she smiles and nods her head as Melonie and Megan walk up to us. "How are you guys?! I haven't seen you two in ages!" I say as I hug both of them. "We're good. We missed you so much!" Melonie says and I nod my head. "We can talk later, but right now we've got a problem," I say and they follow me as I follow the boys.