You're My Safe Place

                                                             By: Candace R.

                                                                  Chapter 1

I usually have a lot on my mind. Gallons of thoughts. Lots of memories. Many ideas. And tons of opinions. All bursting at the seams; dying to get out. And normally most of these thoughts never seem to stay inside. But at the moment I’m speechless. I have no defense ready, and no argument against… a very special feeling that a person can have inside.

A feeling that I never thought I’d have again.

Too bad I was so blind…simple…and naïve.

Because way back in the day I didn’t even realize that the feeling that I thought existed in me, wasn’t even real and it definitely wasn’t mutual. That feeling that I thought I had way back when, isn’t even comparable to the one that I have at this very moment

I’m pretty sure you know the feeling that I’m talking about?

You know…

That girly, glittery, twinkle in your eye kind of feeling.

The one when people say you’ll get all weak in the knee’s, and you’ll start to feel like you’re full of butterflies and everything.

Well I‘ve got it so bad for this boy that I can‘t hide it…literally. One day my very funny teacher decided that he couldn’t help but call me out on why I was senselessly smiling…at nothing. He just laughed and wondered why I was so intrigued by “The Earth’s Density” film that we were watching. The movie even made him want to fall asleep.

But when you feel as light and… airy as I feel. All you can do is reply with a giggly and laughable--“Hehe, I don’t knowww.”

Seriously, you won’t even care that the whole class is busting up laughing, because you look like you’re all dazed from sucking in helium from a balloon or something.

You just can’t help it.

Man, I tell you…I never thought that I’d be the one who could fall asleep to that Dreaming of You song… and really ..genuinely feel the same way as those lyrics that were floating through my ears, before I drifted off to sleep.

I was always the one that saw those love movies and thought, how can two people really meet like that?

…Wishing that I had someone around to tell me--of course that’s real. Sure, that kind of love can be pretty rare…but it’s real.

Unfortunately, I didn’t have someone telling me this.

I didn’t have someone on my side rooting for me, and telling me that it wasn’t my fault for what happened … back when I needed to hear it the most.

But I found out that all of this…

all of these things

feelings

swift rushes

…and emotions

can be a reality…it doesn’t have to be a fairytale.

All of this is real. It’s nothing far from the truth.

You probably know that every story has to start somewhere,