PearlxGarnet (Steven Universe Fanfic)

As Amethyst crashes into me and we fall into the ocean only one thought goes through my mind.

"Steven why are you such a butt face?"

We all crash into the ocean and sink before we manage to swim back up to the surface. Steven is still trying to catch a breath and Amethyst is getting her hair out of her face. Steven complains about ruining the plan and Amethyst is attempting to lighten the situation. But where's-

"Pearl!"

I quickly dive back under the water to find my fellow Gem. I keep looking around the rubble and see Pearl, unconscious with a large stone on her.

I summon my gauntlets and smash the rock. I take Pearl in my arms as my gauntlets disappear and I start to swim up. I see Steven's raft and Steven yelling, "WOOO!"

I finally break the surface and toss Pearl onto the raft while Amethyst and Steven make their way over. She wasn't breathing. I quickly open her mouth, press my lips onto hers and breath in, Stop, press on her chest and repeat. Finally her eyes fly open and she coughs up the water in her lungs.

"Pearl are you ok?" I ask.

A light blue blush paints her cheeks as she looks up at me.

"D-did you just kiss me?" She asks.

Her question catches me of guard and my eyes widen under my glasses. Now I start blushing.

"W-well I, um... you were-"

I don't get a chance to finish as she grabs my collar and forces me down into a kiss. Our blushes get darker and darker as I close my eyes and return the kiss.

"FINALLY!"

The yell causes us to separate quickly and sit up. We see a smiling Amethyst and Steven staring at us as they climb onto the raft.

"It's about time you two kissed! The sexual tension between you two was killing me!" She yelled. We blush harder.

"What's 'Sexual tension?'" asks Steven.

I sigh and Pearl responds, "We'll tell you when your older."

"Awww."

Soon after recovering from the kiss, I scan the horizon. I hear chanting coming from the others.

"Cheeseburger backpack! Cheeseburger backpack! Ch-"

"It's a three hour paddle home."

The chanting stops and Pearl smiles and sits beside me, grabbing a paddle.

"Fine with me." she mumbles quietly.

I manage to catch that and smile at her, grabbing the other paddle.

"Anyone want a wet bagel!?"

"This is gonna be a long paddle home."