In his loving memory.

***this story was inspired by Jeff Buckley. The soul that haunts my desire.

____________________________________________________

Scotty dazed over the rivers ice like glaze. His eyes seemed to follow the current like they did the first time he laid eyes on her. Brunette hair blowing incentively through the air, deep brown eyes dancing innocently. The most beautiful women he had ever seen.

The moonlight seemed to weep lightly in the nights air, clutching at Scotty's throat, chocking him. Fully clothed Scotty took one step toward the rivers edge. He gripped his gaze on his brown combat boots still clutching onto his feet. The constant thought of her made him feel fearless, irrational. Just a few months ago he thought he had it all, his music, his band and his lover now what did he have? a one bedroom apartment on the outskirts of a place he barely even knew.

There was silence surrounding his hollow frame. Scotty stood in silence and listened to the wallow and cries of the river, calling onto him beckoning him to swam inside of its cradling arms.

It was that phone call that tipped him over the edge. Heaven or Hell didn't matter, not when he had nothing left to lose.

Taking a step toward the waterline, Scotty shut his eyes, allowing himself to feel cold like he had never felt before.

On the other side of the country, Rebecca sat on her bed. Her left hand weak from clutching onto the now half empty bottle of whisky. Tears seemed to paint lines on her face that didn't join, thoughts that didn't fit.

Why did he have to have a permanent hold on her, jolting her toward her car ready to belt out completely wasted across the country in one night. Rebecca felt her body become weak, he was her kryptonite, her only failure.

Taking a further swig from the bottle in her hand, she felt her body tremble.

She wondered if he was thinking about her right at that very moment. Her head flew back into the chair violently.

It felt cold being alone, absence wallowed paranoia through her veins. Creeping her into a disorientated state of mind. Somewhere a few months ago she never even considered she'd ever be..

For some tomorrow would soon be lost, an answer that never came......