Chapter 1: Familiar

Mars

There was nowhere to go; she always loved the way I made her feel. I felt like it was my fault so therefore I couldn't tell anyone. I was just a kid, a kid with no one who loved him, so I needed her to love me. I didn't know it would end the way it did. She was always there when I needed her, but I felt like she needed me more. I just couldn't leave her alone; I can't take the blame for that; I won't.

August 10th, 2013

"Mom, I'm not gonna live with you, you're a use to be drug addict. " I said unwillingly fast, regretting it as quickly as I said it.

"Mars honey, your father will just berate you for the divorce, and you don't want that. Trust me." she said sighing into the phone. I was at the mall with my friends and they both were looking at me like I was insane, so I just hung up, ignoring the pang of guilt in my stomach.

"Dude, you okay? " my best friend Jax says who kinda resembles Channing Tatum to others, but I don't see it. "yeah man I'm fine, so you still gonna hit up Brittany?" I said quickly so that he would drop the subject like he never does. "Totally. Her body just makes me shiver, and you can hit up your girl, if you want? " he said biting his lip and hitting my shoulder.

And by my girl he means Kelsey, the girl my parents said would be good for me. But they both really meant my image.

"Yeah maybe, I don't know." I said dragging myself away from my thoughts.

"You better dude, remember what happened last time you didn't?" Josiah said to my left. I did remember, as the ancient memory came flooding to my thoughts.

I didn't bring her with me on my annual family vacation. Which I always brought her so this time I decided to bring Jax. She threatened to break up with me.

This didn't really break my heart the way it should've. I've been dating her for about 6 years, since 7th grade basically. She just felt so... familiar. Like maybe marrying her would lead to a reality tv show.

"Hey M." a familiar voice saif from behind me ringing my ears; I turned to see Kelsey at least three steps away from me. I walked towards her and Jax and Josiah followed. As I towered over her, I looked into those greyish eyes of hers. "Sup beautiful." I said as usual making her feel notable in front of her posse.

She then takes a few steps to reach my lips,and as my eyes are closed I feel a pinching sensation overwhelming my bottom lip. She's biting it. And it's unusual so I know she's just doing it for the attention. Knowing this I snatch my lip away, ignoring the throbbing, I felt the anger pulse through me like a wave. "That's enough" I said feeling my eyebrows furrow. She peered at me more confused then concerned, as if I've lost my mind.

"I gotta get home for supper, catch up with you later babe." I said dryly while turning on my heel towards the door.

"Whelp, that isn't a shocker." Josiah said now tracing me to my right. I could tell I was walking to fast, because he was panting while he said it. "I know. " I spat out, feeling my eyebrows slant in anger.

She always does attention seeking things like that. At least more than she should; I want to end whatever we have. I know my parents would hate me more than they already do, if I even consider it to them.

They'll tell me to suck it up, or say "Mars you know you need her. " well I don't. I don't want her, sometimes I don't even want the friends that I have cause they actually tolerate it.

I don't need her, I don't need my friends and I don't need my fucked up parents.

Without noticing I ditched Jax and Josiah, I hop into my Classic and blast the radio to block out my thoughts. As I swerve out of the parking lot, feeling the anger pumping in my chest, as my knuckles turn white, from squeezing the steering wheel.

The overplayed song filling my ears and overwhelming me even more.

I can just feel all my thoughts coming together, everything makes sense. I'm not suicidal or anything like that, but I feel as if everyone would just be better off if I wasn't here. They don't need me, they don't care the way she used to care.

They all have their own lives, I'm just the mid life crisis.

I arrive at my dad's Lilac Bank, and rush to the private elevator. He made them so he didn't have to greet people. I rush to the top floor and open up the fire escape door.

Feeling the outside breeze, feeling my soul shiver. I walk to the edge and see the cars of people that don't know anything about me. And are living their lives with no consequences, making me feel even more infuriated.

I jump up onto the ledge, and...

*********************************
Ghelloo™, If you feel like this chapter is crappy then inbox me, and if you want me to continue....

Then just comment, add this to your library, and I'll have it updated by Friday. I promise. ✨

-Arie