Chapter 1: Invincible

Hey darlings!!!!! It's been a long time! So I hope you guys enjoy the first chapter of inferno :) just so you know, this takes place about five years after rebirth ends!!!!

CHAPTER 1

"Don't!" Maja whispered into my ear, keeping a firm grip on my shoulder. "The kings gave us specific orders. We don't fight until daylight. They're substantially stronger right now and we're outnumbered."

"I never knew you to fear a challenge." I taunted, my eyes watching the group of nymphs standing there, smirking as if they had won. "They'll leave before the sun rises. They purposefully called this battle now. They want to win and this is their best bet. They'll be recorded as victorious by default."

"It doesn't matter." Maja groaned quietly, Her long black nails digging into my arm. "This is suicide Kric. You and I can't take an entire squad of nymphs and back up is still on its way."

"We could take them until back up gets here."

"Yeah if we wanted to lose a few limbs." She pointed out.

"Stay in the bushes then, but I'll be fighting." I moved to stand, feeling a small hand wrap around my wrist in a vice like grip. "What Maja?"

"This is against orders!"

"I'm your commander. I give the orders."

"Your orders are suicidal. The Kings said-"

"Remove your hand Maja." I warned, my voice taking on a commanding note that had her releasing me against her own will. "Have I ever led you wrong? Are you not here right now, getting on my last nerve? You have no right to question me."

"I didn't mean it to sound as if I'm undermining you. I'm just worried. We're outnumbered even once back up gets here." She reasoned.

"Then stay in the bushes." I stepped away from her, ignoring the desperate look she was sending me. "If you don't think you're strong enough, then you're not."

I turned on my heel, feeling my skin begin to burn as my scales seared themselves into my flesh. I felt my bones grow, agonizingly more painful than any growing pain i'd ever experienced. In a moment I was twice my size, covered in scales as red as fire and large wings and tail hanging behind me. I felt strong, powerful, ready to take on an army. It didn't matter my opponent. I would win.

I couldn't die.

I opened my mouth, a roar loud enough to shake the trees emerging from my throat. I flew into the sky, staring down at the now alarmed band of nymphs who shot their arrows into the sky at me with just their hands and their dominion over the wind. Most of them missed, but one landed directly in my gut.

I should have fell, but the familiar tingling of the arrow being forced out and the flesh healing itself kept me where I was. I opened my jaw, letting torrents of flame out to engulf the clearing. The nymphs dodged, sending more arrows.

'You're an absolute bastard of a leader.' I heard Maja bitch in my mind, her familiar dragon form coming to fly beside me. 'You're a suicidal narcissist who's going to get yourself killed.'

'Then why did you follow?' I chuckled, watching her narrowly miss an arrow to the shoulder.

'Why did I follow?' She scoffed. 'You're my brother Kric. Fly together, die together. I'll always follow.'

'How disgustingly sentimental.' I laughed, dodging a blast of wind that came hurling toward me, ready to knock me down.

I was still waiting for Maja's retort when I looked over to find her clutching her stomach, her gray eyes wide in shock. 'Kric.' She gasped, just before she went hurling down.