The Village (2)

*Last time*

I slid through the hole and entered some sort of dark room. A tiny hand grabbed mine and started to pull me to a light. What I saw next blew my mind.

Gajeel's P.O.V

I was standing in some sort of village, everything sort of nature themed. There were buildings everywhere, big and small, made from wood. Vines hung off of wooden street lamps and all the buildings. The streets were moss-covered cobblestone. The walls enclosing the town looked bumpy, but I was to far away from the walls to see what they were made of. The street lamps had yellowish lights hanging on the top, giving out barely any light and making the town look slightly creepy.

"What is this place?" I ask the little girl while still looking around.

"This is the village, silly! Princess Levy and Wendy will be excited that I found you! Lets go Mr. Gajeel!" the girl tells me before grabbing my hand again and starts pulling me toward the center of the strange town. I look around as I'm running alongside the small girl when I realize something. 

"Um... Why aren't there any people here.?" I ask the little girl. I had just noticed that there were no people in the streets, in the buildings, or anywhere. The town seemed to be abandoned. The girl didn't respond and just kept running with my finger in her tiny hand, tugging me along.

After a bit of jogging through the empty streets, we made it to a dry fountain, moss growing in the bottom. Behind that was a huge, domed building. It seemed to be the biggest one in the small town, so I assume it was like the town hall. The little girl lat go of my hand and stopped in front of the two huge glass doors. She lifted a tiny fist and knocked four times. Then, out of nowhere, a camera on the end of a vine snaked down in front of the girl. I hadn't noticed myself taking a step forward until the camera wiped around to look at me. I froze, staring at the camera, until an unknown girl's voice broke the silence.

"Asuka-san. Who is that? Why is that man here?"

"This is Gajeel. He's nice, please let us in Wendy-chan." The little girl told the camera that still stared at me. I raised my hand and awkwardly waved to it. The was a moment of awkward silence before the camera slowly crept back into where it came from and there was a click and the door swung open.

"C'mon!" Asuka told me before running through the open door. I frowned and took out my bow and an arrow. 'This is weird' I thought. I stepped through the door and quickly raised my bow, pointing it at the sides of the door to make sure no one was there. I lowered it slightly and followed the prancing Asuka, raising it every time we entered a new room.

We walked all over the building until we finally climbed some falling apart stairs, we made it to two wooden doors.

"Just in here" Asuka told me before pushing open one of the doors. As she stepped in, I raised my bow. I stepped into the room only to be greeted by another, smaller bow pointed at my chest. I immediately pointed my bow toward the persons face that was holding the bow. It was a girl with long, dark blue hair pulled into pigtails. She looked to be about twelve or thirteen. She had a very serious face, staring at my with eyes that seemed to have zero emotion.

"Asuka, get behind me. Now." the girl said, not taking her eyes off of me.

"But Wendy-chan, he's-"

"Now!" the girl shouted at Asuka. I heard small footsteps of Asuka move away from me. I was still staring at the girl when I asked,

"Who are you? What is this place?" The girl just stared at me for a bit, not blinking.

"I am Wendy Marvell. Healer of Aspen, and at the moment, Second in Command. Who are you?" the girl demanded, still not taking her eyes off of me.

"I'm Gajeel Redfox. It's such a pleasure to meet you, 'Healer of Aspen'" I told the girl sarcastically. The girl still hasn't blinked yet.

"Wendy-chan... He's nice. He won't hurt us. Please just put your bow down." I heard Asuka's voice say.

"I will not."

"Then, Gajeel. Please put your bow down. Please?" the child pleaded. 'Damn it' I thought.

"Is that what you want? Asuka?" I asked her, still staring at the girl in front  of me.

"Yes".

I waited a moment and lowered my bow. I saw her eyes soften a bit as she lowered hers and turned to walk away.

"Come. I'm taking you to Princess Levy." Wendy told us as she walked out of the room. Asuka and I followed her until we came upon a huge dining hall. The windows around the room were dirty and some were broken. In the middle of the room was a bed. Blankets covered a small girl with short blue hair. She was kinda pretty... 'What am I saying? Geez I'm tired.' Asuka ran over to the bed and jumped up on the foot of the bed, staring at the girl in it.

"This is Princess Levy McGarden. She was injured in the war and has been sleeping because of the wound for a week. We haven't been able to feed her because the blade that wounded her was poisoned and she can't digest the food," Wendy explained to me as we walked closer to the girl in the bed. As we got closer, I noticed how pale she was. She didn't look good at all.

"Well aren't you a healer or something? Can't you somehow fix her?" I asked, looking at Wendy.

"Well I figured out that the poison that was used isn't something I can fix." Wendy told me. She reached over and dabbed Levy's forehead with a towel.

"If we don't fix her soon, she'll starve to death or die of dehydration." Wendy told me with a shaky voice. She looked down at the floor in shame as Asuka lied down on the foot of the bed.     'I need to help them. I just know it'

Wow okay. Well thanks for reading! This one was a bit longer than the first chapter, somehow it has about 1100 words, but ya. Still no GaLe, but it's coming, I promise. I would really appreciate it if you comment one this, it makes me feel happy that people would actually read me story even if it's not that good. But of course, you don't have to. Thanks again for reading! <3