Narrator/Chapter 17: Family Reunion

"Mom! Bryan!" Twayla ran up to hug her family, glad they made it out too. When she let go she introduced everyone.

"Oh my god! Sophia? What the hell is going on?" yelled Simon who stood there patiently quiet while everything was going down. Today the home he never liked was attacked by things he didn't want to hunt and his best friend for eleven months was just now showing herself. It wasn't much fun.

"Yeah... her name's not Sophia." Dawn pointed out.

"Mom!"

Nastasia then woke up and at the sight of Dawn and Bryan, she attacked, or at least, tried to.

"You! You traitors!" She tried to get free from the grasp of the twin boys. Eventually she did stop and Bryan explained everything. From the moment when the siblings caught that pain in the ass of a previous The Core hunter to the moment before the plan would set sail. From the explanation, the whole thing did seem pretty childish but it was all worth it in the end.

"Guess that's why your name is Justice." Lucas pointed out. Both the siblings never thought about that.

"So what's your actual name?" asked Simon.

"Twayla." She answered. Her friends thought about it for a minute.

"Hey don't look at me. I'm not the lucky one that was able to name her own daughter." Dawn said looking at Bryan. "Which reminds me, Liam and Lucas right?" Dawn pointed at the two boys. They nodded in their own way.

"Your name is Lamborghini." She said pointing at Liam. "And yours is Locast." She said pointing at Lucas.

Bryan tensed up when his sister did that. After they had a laugh, the teens noticed something was up. Dawn looked at Bryan encouragingly. It was something she actually always did. Bryan's gaze was on the two boys, hoping that they would figure it out. They didn't.

Twayla looked at her uncle with worried eyes. He had a look she hadn't seen since she was five. A fatherly sort of look. A 'you are my child' look. After Dawn appeared that look for Twayla went away. She sometimes missed it. Things were so simple then.

The silence was long and awkward but finally Bryan spoke up. "Liam and Lucas can I see for a minute?"

The twins looked at each other then Lucas looked at Twayla for assurance. She smiled and nodded. Lucas smiled back and walked with Bryan to a more private place. Liam followed.

"What is that man doing with my brothers?" Kaeli asked.

"Helping them find who they're looking for."