Shooting Star

.....................................................................................................

Well here you have it guys!

Please feel free to point out any grammar mistakes.

.....................................................................................................

S H O O T I N G  S T A R  

The siren's plaintive cries resonated through the dark night sky.  The boy had finally reached his peak of tolerance for the foul noise. 

A small 9-year-old missing had started an extravagant search party in which all the neighboring children of the mountain side cabins took part in.

Adults took hold of whatever could possibly help them. Trying but failing miserably to find her.

It started off with a hysterical woman pounding on every door, screaming for the missing child. Police arrived and then it all began, his night of relaxation shattered all because of an unknown girl.

In his 12-year-old mind, he believed it was honestly selfish of the little girl to do such a thing, because of her sudden choice of disappearance half the mountainside gave up their beautiful Friday night.

The boy had enough of following the search parties; he was persistent on keeping up with what he had planned days ago. Star gazing.

Trudging through the foreboding forest the wailing cries of the large automobiles died down, letting out a sigh of relief he found himself following an old familiar path.

It led to a clearing, a small one that soon edged off into a long cliff. Hundreds of feet below, the sounds of the water lapping against the rock bed could be heard.

He never been to the edge, he only assumed it would be lapping. Not once did he ever have the guts to see and take the chance of falling in, because to him no matter how bad life got he never planned to jump in.

As he made his way to the ledge of the cliff he looked ahead to be belittled by the ghostly silhouette of a small girl. Hair flying in the wind, it was almost mesmerizing if it hadn't dawned on him the proximity of her and the edge of the cliff.

He slowly sat down making somewhat a shuffling noise to alert the girl of his presence, but there was no response. Her body was as stiff as a wooden board, completely unfazed by the fact there could be a potential murderer behind her. It surprised him quite a bit; her calmness matched the scenery around her.

With a little bit of rummaging through his pockets, he picked out a package of sweets he stored for his prevailed adventure. Ripping the packet open, he popped one into his mouth, and not soon after three, four at a time. In his opinion they were the best sweets in mankind.

A sudden growl startled him, sending a look to his left he watched the girl slightly shift from her statuette position. Turning towards him, he watched in awe. They both made eye contact. Holding out the bag he gestured for the girl to come towards him, and to his pleasure, she started moving.

She walked in small strides and eventually sat down beside him, eyeing the bag of food. Without hesitation, he put the bag on the ground and pushed it slightly towards her. In a blink of an eye, she snatched the treats and started eating.

Something about the girl was enthralling. She had soft facial features that made her eyes her most prominent trait. Her jet black hair blended into the night, very much in contrast to his luscious blonde locks.