Prologue (Part One)

"Lindsay?"

"Lindsay??"

"Lindsay! What's wrong?!?" Seth said, catching up to Lindsay and grapping her arm. She turned around, anger and despair etched all over her face, but he couldn't see her eyes. They were turned away, ignoring him.

"Lind--"

"Seth, just leave me alone!" she yelled in his fae, shaking off his arm and running away.

"What was going on? Why was she mad at me?" were questions quickly flashing through Seth's mind, "It couldn't be because of last night...could it? What if?" panick started to overwhelm him, "No, no, no, no, no, no, no!"

     He began to run as fast as he could in the direction were Lindsay had run away from him. He was breathing deeply, and soon it turned ragged with each breath getting longer and raspier. Then there she was, he was lucky enough to catch sight of her just about to turn the corner.

"Lindsay!!" Seth yelled, his voice cracking and his breathing seeming to be harder to control. She stopped and stood where she was, wating patiently for him to approach her again.

      Seth arrived a moment later, and starred into Lindsay's face, but this time she also starred back into his. A few tears were falling down her pale cheeks. People were watching but that was one of Seth's least of problems. All he did was hope and pray that his predictions weren't true.

"Lindsay--"

"Seth..."

"Lindsay, what's wro--"

"Seth!" she began to cry harder and her body began to shake rapidly. He reached out his hands and put them gently on her shoulders, while searching her eyes for a clue about what she was about to say.

"Seth, I'm...I'm--"

"Are you sick? Is there something wrong with your family?" Seth interupted, he couldn't handle the truth, he just couldn't.

"No Seth, it isn't that..."Lindsay said, looking like she was struggling to admit what she was about to say.

"What is it then??" Seth exclaimed, sympathy clearly shown in his watery eyes.

A thousand more tears seemed to leak from Lindsay's bloodshot eyes, "Seth...I'm...I'm...pregnant."