Green, Writing and Weather

I awoke in the same alley as I had gone to bed. But something was different. I looked around. My bag was where it was. The crappy dumpster was there.

Then I spotted it. Written in spray paint on the wall said "stop looking".. It wasn't there before. I got up dusted my self off. Then headed for school.

When I go there the same words were written on mine and Ryder's lockers. I quickly went inside his Locke to grab the spray and get rid of it

"Did you see it", he asked as he walked up.

"It was written on the wall of the alleyway", I said.

"Does that mean we stop", he asked.

"Do you want to go to jail", I asked.

"No".

"Then leave it", I concluded.

"Weren't you doing this so I couldn't hold it over you", he asked.

I walked to my first class. Realizing that maybe it was for both reasons.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jessica Green was a short stout girl. Could not be classified as fat. But not skinny either. Curvy would be perfect. I could see why someone like Lucy Stone would want to get rid of her. She wasn't a stick.

I walked up to her with my class schedule as she was by her locker.

"Sorry, but do you know where the chemistry class is", I asked in my sweetest voice.

"Sure, I'm headed there anyways", she said just as cheery as I sounded.

She seemed nice so it was time to go and ask.

"Excuse me, I don't mean to be rude, but who is Lucy Stone? I hear people saying her name a lot", I asked as polite and innocent as I could.

"Was. Lucy Stone was a girl at our school, she was murdered at the end of grade ten", she said solemnly.

"Oh god! I'm so sorry, were you friends", I asked.

"When we were little, not much as we grew older. We grew apart", she said.

"Did they catch her murderer"? I asked.

"Ryder Vance", she said. "The trial starts in a month".

"Oh. I talked to him once and he didnt seem like a killer to me", I said.

"I don't think he is either", she said. She then walked in the door to chem leaving me in the hall.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Why do I have to do it", he asked.

"Because. I have to do something else", I said.

Ryder was whining because I was forcing him to look through records to figure out the Stones financial statement.

"Like what", he asked.

"I'll let you know when you tell me about the statements", I said.

"Fine ill be back in a minute" he said before he entered the bank.

I walked around a bit and cleared my head. When I went back to the bank he was there.

"They were in huge financial problems. Almost no money. Then cash started showing up", he said.

Crap. Just what I thought.

"I'm not sure what it means but ill let you know later, who wa the main person you saw go into that tunnel?" I asked.

"Marty Reims. Ill pint him out tomorrow", he said.

"Good adjourn until then", I said.

"It's not safe out here, it looks like its gonna snow too", he said.

And just as he said it it began to snow. No problem.

I snapped my fingers and the snow disappeared.

"What the hell was that", he asked.

"What do you mean", I asked.

"I mean the ability to stop snow", he basically yelled.

I dragged him to the alley.

"It's not just snow. It's weather and I can't just stop it I control it".

He looked at me with shock.

"When did you learn that", he asked.

"Grade seven", I said.

He seemed to realize what that meant.

"My parents told me. I got so mad at them. I yelled and called them liars until finally",

"The tsunami", he finished.

"I've got to go", I said.

"It's still dangerous. Some when was there last night as you slept Hallow, they were probably the murderer. I have a bed in my attic. Stay?" He said.

"Fine", one word was a lot of weight.