Chapter 2

{Maura's Point of View}

It was a new day and I just woke up. I spent the night on Jane's couch and Jane is probably awake now, getting ready for work. I got off the couch and went to the kitchen to make her breakfast. Jane probably isn't in the mood to make her own breakfast, I know I wouldn't be either. She just lost her daughter and the father of her children, not to mention Megan gone missing. Although I don't know anything about the father of her children except for his name, I could probably get Detective Frost or Korsak to pull some information up for me. Jane will probably never tell me about him if I asked her.

All of the sudden I started to hear footsteps coming towards the kitchen. So Jane is awake now, I'm assuming at least. "Hey Jane, I'm making you breakfast. Would you like me to fix you?"

Jane sighed and took a seat at the counter. "I don't care, just fix whatever you feel like for yourself. I'm not really hungry."

"You have to eat something, it isn't healthy to go without breakfast. After all breakfast is the most important meal of the day."

"Well I'm not hungry, I just want my kids back. Can we just go to work and find out who did this already?"

I gave up, I wouldn't win an agruement with Jane when she nevers listens to me. "Fine, but first you should change and maybe take a shower."

Jane gave me an evil glare. "I'm not going to, let's just go."

I sighed and took Jane with me to the headquarters. We wet straight to the medical exam room. I quickly got my uniform on and my goggles. I started to examine Sam's dead body. I couldn't believe what I'm discovering from examining her body, so I called Jane over. "Jane you need to come here."

Jane came over next to me and I turned around to face her. "It seems to appear that Sam could be alive or not."

"Wait, what do you mean Maura? She's here dead on that table."

"No she isn't, you see this body really isn't a body. It looks like one, but its fake. It doesn't have any bones, flesh, organs, or anything a human body has. Your daughter is still out there, I think she may be with her father if it turns out I find Nick's body laying there is also fake."

"There is no way in hell that Sam or Megan would be anywhere with their father if he was alive. They don't even know him and if they did, they wouldn't want to be around him."

"Well I don't know him and you never told the girls what their father was like. They could easily have decided to look him up online. After all Sam has spent alot of time hanging out with Frost and Korsak. She could have learned how to be able to find out where he is. What's so bad about them learning about their father if he really is out their still?"

Jane turned away from me and left me staring at her back, she slowly took deep breaths before turning back around. "Maura their father is bad news. Do you remember Hoyt?"

I nodded my head yes and Jane continued on explaining. "Well Nick is Hoyt half brother, they have the same mother just not the same father. I didn't know that they were related at all, but I discovered that soon after I had got pregnant with Nick's children. That was when Hoyt started to be around Nick to support the mother of his children. Hoyt didn't know that I'd be the mother and Nick didn't know we had known each other. Hoyt stopped going after me after he knew I was having Nick's children, but after I gave birth to them he started to come after me again. I had no choice but to give my girls to Nick, if I wanted them to be safe from harm. Hoyt wouldn't have done anything to hurt them, not at such a young age. I wasn't able to be their for my girls for 5 years because of Hoyt was out there, just waiting for the perfect opportunities to strike." I noticed Jane started to cry, so I pulled her into a big bear hug.

"It's okay Jane, Hoyt is gone and you have your girls back. Everything is going to be okay, it's all in the past."

"It isn't over though, Hoyt is dead but doesn't mean that it's all over. Nick is connected to Hoyt and if Nick told any more of Hoyt's friends about his death then they will come after me. This war isn't over yet Maura, I'm endanger again, we need to stop Hoyt's friends."

"Okay Jane, we will take care of this. I'll send Dective Frost and Dective Korsak to look for Megan and Sam. They are out there somewhere and I promise you they will be safe. I won't let you done Jane. Everything will be okay, I promise you that."