Chronos

Chronos

Chronos sat with his family while the entire city of Arcadia shook, he had been taken for initiation at the Academy that very afternoon, the day of his Eighth birthday. The Dalek assault had begun, and the screaming that Chronos heard was enough to terrorize any young boy. His father was holding a T-62 Particle Cannon, the standard issue weapon in the Time War, and was aiming at the barricade the family had made in front of the entrance to their TARDIS, their home. Chronos looked around his living room, where almost everything that wasn't attached to the ground had fallen and broken, he saw the shards of a mirror and his own reflection in them. He was short for his age, with shaggy brown hair and Navy Blue eyes. Funny he thought My eyes were green before I looked into the Untempered Schism. There was a large explosion outside and Chronos heard the Daleks executing his friends in the darkness. 

"EXTERMINATE!" One of the Daleks yelled while it gunned down the civilians. Chronos wanted so much to go and help them, but he couldn't without revealing where his family was hidden. Even if he got outside, what could he do against the Daleks, he was but a weak and fragile child who couldn't even look into the Vortex without running in fear. He looked back at his family, his older sister Artemis looked so scared, like she knew that they were going to die and there was nothing that could be done to stop it. 

"EXTERMINATE!" The sound of the Daleks grew closer to his family's TARDIS, Chronos was really starting to panic now, he just hoped that his father's gun would be enough to stop the Daleks from murdering his family. He had asked his mother why they couldn't just fly away in the TARDIS and never come back "Because this entire planet is Time-Locked" was her response, they were trapped where they were and they wouldn't survive this war, even if they survived these few Daleks that were blowing open doors to homes and exterminating the people who lived inside. A light flashed in the corner of Chronos's eye and he gazed towards the window, where three Daleks were about to discover them. They stopped in front of the TARDIS.

"SCAN COMPLETE. TWO CHILDREN. ONE TIME LADY. ONE TIME LORD"  the Dalek yelled. "SURRENDER THE CHILDREN NOW SO THAT THEY MAY BECOME SLAVES TO THE DALEK EMPIRE!" Chronos looked at his father, who triumphantly yelled back "GO TO HELL YOU OVERGROWN TRASH CANS!" before firing through the barricade, hitting one of the Daleks directly in the eye, killing it instantly. 

"REINFORCEMENTS REQUIRED AT COORDINATES 162.168:52198" One of the remaining Daleks screeched. Chronos saw the same Dalek aim it's gun at Artemis. "EXTERMINATE!". Before he knew it, his father was in front of his sister. He glowed green and appeared skeletal before dropping to the ground, dead. The Dalek weapons disabled regeneration, stopping anyone from coming back. Chronos crawled to his father's body and latched onto it. He felt pain that was unimaginable while tears fell from his eyes faster than his body could make them. His father, the one man that would always defend his family, who would always tell him the stories of the universe, who would do anything to make him happy, was now dead. Chronos finally looked up to see Artemis hunched over his mother's body, grasping to it, not letting go. His parents were gone, Chronos and Artemis were next. "CANCEL REQUEST. TARGETS ELIMINATED. ACQUIRING CHILDREN TO SERVE AS SLAV-" The Dalek was cut off mid-sentence as it began to disintegrate into golden dust, along with its partner. "EXPLAIN. EXPLAIN!". Chronos wiped his eyes and looked towards the entrance of the TARDIS. Standing there, was a woman with blond hair and glowing golden eyes. Chronos sniffed and finally managed to speak, "Who are you?" he asked her. She smiled at him. "I'm just a wolf".