Chapter 15

Third Person

Celaena strolled through the chaotic streets of New York with a smug grin on her face watching as the Chitauri ran around killing everything in their sights. Across from her by a tall skyscraper was bus and one little boy with tears staining his already dirt coated chubby cheeks, his auburn hair ruffled from the wind. One would think that it would invoke a reaction of pity and perhaps make Celaena want to go and help. But no there was nothing, instead she smirked and watched as a chitauri advanced.

She was about to turn away when a powerful force tugged her towards the child.

"What the hell," she muttered confused.

Attempting to stop she dug her heels into the ground but to no avail because all of a sudden she was running towards the child her sword raised and sliced the chitauris head off. She groaned and put a hand to her head in annoyance. What was happening? She heard whimper behind her and remembered the child and scowled. She then summoned a dagger and threw it at the insufferable thing, she heard a sickening thud as the blade impaled itself into the child's small chest,  but paid it no heed. With a shake of her head she walked away from the child's corpse only to stop once again at the sight on top Starks building. Thor and Loki fighting, with what looked like Thor trying to reason with his brother. How pathetic she scoffed.

Celaena let out a whistle and a chitauri with glider came next to her allowing her to get on. They started flying towards the top and had just made it a few feet below when suddenly Loki flew over the edge and landed by her. She rolled her eyes and blew air through her nose. If you want something done right you've gotta do it yourself. She then gestured to the chitauri and they flew up high enough to reveal her and a smirking Loki to Thor.

Celaena looked at Loki and nodded before jumping off and landing elegantly on her feet in front of the blond god.

"Celaena..." Thor began his face contorting to reveal one of desperation and pain.

She shook her head and sighed "You don't seem to understand do you? She. Is. Gone. The girl you knew, the girl they all knew, is gone."

"I don't believe that," he mumbled his crystal eyes sparkled.

Celaena smirked and flicked her wrist revealing a sword. Cocking her head to the side she reminded him of a cat in that moment much like his brother.

Before he could react she charged her sword by her side and swung her other fist towards him catching his left cheek with a right hook, causing him to stumble. She grinned like Cheshire Cat and followed through her sword now raised. Thor who was prepared quickly raised his hammer to parry her strike releasing the sound of metal against metal. They both swung against each other moves in sync engaged in a deadly dance.

The clashing of metal suddenly stopped where they both faced each other their breaths mingling.

"You never seem to learn." Celaena whispered, before the sword disappeared and a dagger replaced it it's target Thor's stomach. But he quickly dodged kicking out causing her to slide back hitting the glass behind her. He was about to run after her when Tony's voice came through talking about Bruce arriving. He let a breath out of his nose and quickly followed through to his comrades.

-------

Celaena let out a groan and sat up to see herself alone. Great, she grumbled as she pulled herself up only for her to suddenly lean on the glass groaning as a shot of pain went through her head. This was ridiculous, it needed to stop and she knew just the way to stop her nicer part. It was time to kill her precious Avengers.