Chapter 1 ; Ninoska's view

*Ninoska's view*
She stared out her window, the day was dark but compared to what she felt inside it couldn't have been brighter than if the sun was out...how did it end up like this? She'd given her all and yet she got nothing in return.
The party was scheduled for that Saturday but she dreaded seeing anyone. Especially him. She wished she could hate him. She curled tighter around her blanket. It was the only comfort she was getting. No more cute texts, or long phone calls. It was quiet, and the flashbacks were hitting her hard. The way he gazed into her eyes as if she alone held the key to everything. What a fake.
*Saturday night*
She looked in the mirror and wondered how so much sadness could be held there. She sighed and refused to let it bring her down. She would kick ass at that party. Dancing gave her so much joy! She settled on a red dress that hugged her curves, her shoes, beautiful black pumps. Her nerves were sky high and she made her way to the party. Would he be there? What if he brought another girl? She was afraid. Her mother held her hand as she was getting out. Beautiful brown that matched hers, that shone with love and courage. From that she gathered strength .. She was a beauty to see. The party was in full swing as she entered..she didn't spot him yet..she hoped she wouldn't.
She quickly realized that she didn't even have a dancing partner! What was she going to do now? People were bumping into her left and right. She made a beeline for an empty spot in the corner..but she didn't quite make it before a guy bumped into her roughly and she was getting ready to let him have it when she stopped mid-sentence. She almost fell when he gently grabbed her waist. Those eyes. Brown but not brown. It was like gazing at the star filled sky and wanted to fall through it all. Wanting to free fall not caring about where she ended up as long as it was in those eyes. She quickly snapped out of her reverie as she realized he was saying something. "What?" She stammered.
"I asked if you're okay"
"Oh yes, yeah I'm fine"
He gazed at her intently and under his scrutiny she shivered. Those eyes were mesmerizing.
"Why are you sad?" He asked.
Oh gosh she didn't even know this guy! She wasn't about to let another guy come in her life and mess it up. She decided that she didn't hear him.
"I'm sorry did I say something wrong?" He genuinely sounded worried. His voice was like the wind on a cool day. She quickly made up her mind that she didn't want to tell this guy anything even if he was a total hottie. Without thinking, she grabbed his hand and went straight to the dance floor. Romeo Santo's "Propuesta Indecent" began to play. She quickly realized what a mistake that was. He grabbed her waist and pulled her close. Close enough that under her hand she felt his solid heart beat. Close enough that if she wanted to she could kiss him. Their bodies began to move slowly and sensually to the bachata. The world fell away as they danced. Hand in hand they moved as if they'd been waiting for this moment forever, who was this guy she asked herself. He broke away briefly and let his hand caress her cheek for a moment. The trail he left burned her cheek, she wanted his hand there. More than anything else. Oh goodness what was she thinking!!