Chapter 1

I was grateful mum was handling the herd of rhinos downstairs, for me. I wasn't ready to talk to anyone yet, let alone the police. 

I sat back against the wall, taking deep breaths. She was like a sister, I can't believe... just a few hours ago i was with her, she was living..breathing..

"Tess! That's not funny, give it back" God, this girl. 

"Awww, doesn't Lukey boy know how much you adore him" She teased, nudging me slightly on the arm. I glared at her, even though i could feel myself blushing. 

"Shut up, it's the only picture we have together. And he's just a friend." I replied smiling helplessly, snatching the photo of me and Luke back. 

"I'm going to tell him Amelia, I don't care" She said stopping, as i walked on laughing. 

"Tell him what exactly? That oh Amelia still has the photo of you both from a trip during primary days. As it's the only one memory she shares with you, being best friends!" 

"Maybe" She said smiling sheepishly. "It's up to him how he interprets you keeping his photo"

God Tess could be so annoying but i love her, she has such an amazing personality. Mum always to not be down as i have no siblings, but God blessed me with a sister from the day i joined Mayesbury Primary School. 

From all of this, you may be thinking we're some sort of twins but when it came to physical appearance, you'd be miles off. 

Forest Green. According to Tess, my eyes possessed purpose and fire, and apparentley a glare was enough to send chills through one's body. Pah. My hair was your average brunette strands, uneven and uncared for, I mean who cares about perfecting it with layers of chemicals when you can just do the odd updo. The outifts were the main thing that set us apart, I'm not an emo no, but I prefer darker colours, and hoodies compared to Tess who embraced pretty fairy-taily colours. Tess twirled, "How's my new dress?"  

I cringed. She wore, a coral pink dress covered in diamonte's... was this girl for real... "Perfect. Where'd you buy it from, I'm well jel like literally. That shade's so me!!" I squealed sarcastically. She sent me the failed death stare, Nah-uh, I can only master that.

Tess had beautiful blue eyes, I never told her, glistening like gems amidst a peaceful pretty shore, they seemed to sulk. Her golden ombre locks fell at her shoulders, dancing in rhythm to the wind.

"What's up Tess?, no drama, no oh-it's-nothing, just tell me or I'll whack you. Or I'll find out later anyway, but even then I'll still whack you" 

We laughed, as her lips lost all life, all colour...the once bright ocean blue tilted to a alarmed crystal tone. Pale and still, her face went numb with fear

"He's watching me...even now. Don't look"