Chapter Seventeen~

Travis' POV.

"Vylad what are you talking about I would never attack Dante!" I exclaimed. "Then explain why he's in the hospital with a fractured arm and bruises and scratches everywhere!" Vylad yelled. "I don't know but you have to hear me out. I would never attack Dante, he's one of my best friends." I said, standing up.

"Hey, what's with all the yelling down here?" Zane asked, walking down the stairs. I looked at him and he gasped and ran over. "Travis! You're bleeding!" He exclaimed. I felt right under my lip and sure enough there was blood. "Vylad, what're you doing here?" Zane asked, looking at Vylad who was still crying. "Dante's in the hospital!" Vylad yelled. "What!? Why!?" Zane asked. Vylad pointed straight at me.

Zane looked at me for a moment before grabbing Vylad's wrist and taking him outside.

~~~

"I-I'm sorry... I didn't know there was a fake one running around.." Vylad said as we all sat at the dining room table. "And I'm sorry for hitting you." He added. "But what happened to Dante?" Zane asked. "Well, we saw you push him out of the window so Dante and I went to check on him but right when we got up to the fake one, he jumped up and tackled Dante, he started to hit him and I couldn't stop him." Vylad explained. Zane looked at me. "Heh, are you going to tell me I told you so?" I asked him. "No... that's just immature... But I did tell you so." Zane said. I laughed a little. "I deserve it.. I'm sorry for not believing you." I said. "It's alright.." Zane said as he draped his arms around my neck. "Love you." He said. "Love you too." I said before kissing him.

"Um... I'm just gonna go visit Dante in the hospital now.. bye.." Vylad said before standing up and backing out. Zane and I ignored him and continued on with our little make out session.

~~~

Zane's POV.

I was so relieved that Travis believed me. But it made me so mad that the fake one was out there hurting people. Those thoughts were the ones keeping me up as I scooted closer to Travis.

But still I was terrified that the imposter would hurt our family.. The children, Garroth and Vylad.. My parents, I feared for them.

I felt Travis's grip around me tighten as I shifted a bit. I could feel myself start to nod off but right when I was about to fall asleep, I felt Travis's warmth disappear from beside me.