His Highness

Chapter 3
When the prince was finished giving the tour of the castle, he dropped them off at their new bedrooms and left them to "unpack." (which basically meant, he didn't want to deal with them anymore)
Markus turned to Alice and said, " He really doesn't like us."
"Well, I don't like him either."
"You didn't even talk to him, how do you know if you don't like him?"
Alice glared at Markus and disappeared behind the folding screen and started changing into her black leather jacket and pants.
"Couldn't you have told me to, you know, leave, before you.."
"Why?" Alice said, her voice muffled.
"God, Alice your something, you know that?" and he stalked out of
the room.
Alice rolled her eyes finished putting all her knives back in place.
A maid appeared in the doorway of her room and Alice opened her mouth to explain her appearance,  but the maid cut her off. "His Highness all ready told me about you," "I'm Julia, by the way," she said with a grin. " His Highness is wanting you in the throne room, better hurry up."
"Thank you for telling me, but umm do I need to change or.." Alice said gesturing to her outfit.
"No one except the staff and the king are here today, the prince is off on a hunt."
Alice followed Julia through the mazes of corridors that led to two huge doors looming over her.
"What is the state of your visit?"
Said one of the guards.
Julia rolled her eyes and said, " Hurry up and open them George, we don't have all day."
But the king said-"
"George, I am warning you,"
"Okay, okay," said George and opened the heavy doors to reveal the gorgeous throne room.
The ceiling was covered in paintings of solders fighting in a bloody war. Huge white Columns stood on either side of the room holding up the balcony above them. Thick red and gold drapes hung over long Windows that seemed to touch the ceiling. A booming voice interrupted Alice's train of thought, "So they said you and this boy will help me with the people who tried to kill my son," said the king. "I don't care how you do it, just.." He sighed, covering his face with his hands and let them fall on his lap.
"I promise we will keep him safe you don't have to worry, he's in good hands," said Markus pointing at Alice. The king smiled wearily and nodded trying reassure himself.
"I would love to talk more, but I have a meeting to attend, Julia will inform you when I can talk to you properly."
"When is your son coming back from his hunt?" Alice asked.
"He should be back in an hour or so."
As the doors closed behind them  Markus let out a sigh of relief, "That went better then planned, I thought he would be more..."
-----
Sup 😅😅
Comment and vote!!
💟,
Mimi8282