chapter 4- Keys Everywhere

… It wouldn’t budge.  Disappointed, Jeff walked back into the house and sat down.  How could this happen?  He was sure it would work.  Then as Jeff looked up he saw a key, or what looked like one, up in the chandelier.  He grabbed a ladder from the closet and started to investigate.  This might be it.  He put it in the keyhole and…No. He went around the house searching everywhere for more keys.  He found one in the bathroom, behind the mirror, under the rug, in the silverware; he even went back down stairs and found one in the apple bucket.  He tried each of these in the keyhole and they fit but did not turn the lock. 

Then he entered his grandfather’s office.  He looked all around, but could not find anything.  Then he saw a painting of money.  He took it off the wall, and was about to throw it away when he noticed something behind it.  There was a safe!  He put the picture down and tried to unlock the safe.  He remembered that when he was looking for the keys, he saw a combination under the desk.  Jeff looked at the code and applied it to the safe.  It opened, and there it was, another key.  It had to be it.  He grabbed it and ran to the lock.  He put it in the keyhole, but it didn’t work.