CHAPTER 5:

I was struck by the odor of the rotting bodies on the street. I saw the dismembered  bodies of children, elders, and adults all over the street. The rotting flesh was peeling. The children that used to play down the street at the playground were splattered on the walls.  One body was possibly a mother attempting to protect their infant.
        I looked around then to see my best friend's head dismembered from her body. Her eyes open but in the back of her three fourths of a head with her mouth open and her tongue out, it was purple. I dropped to my knees and grabbed her head. I hugged it and teared up. I put her head aligned with her body.  I stood up, shaking. I fell back a little, Eric caught me. Even though he did, I still fell to the ground in his arms.
          "You gonna be okay? " He said.  I couldn't talk my eyes were full of tears. I just sat there and stared at Kesey's head. I then nodded and smiled at Eric. I found the strength to get on my feet and went to my house, Eric behind me. I went into my older sister's room and her body was still on the bed. I looked around her room to find anything but nothing was found. I went in to my parents room and their bodies were still there, but no clues. I went into my room and saw a blue computer chip on my floor. 
              'Why am I the only one alive?' I asked my self in thought while Eric came in with a smile on his face. I looked at him in confusion. He then held up a similar chip that was red.
              "I found this on my bike. I had it in my pocket thinking it was something of mine I just forgot." He said. I went up to my computer and put in my chip. A computerized face came up and started to scan my face.
             "Welcome Rosanna Judith Flora. You are one of the very few spared on planet Earth. Your mission is to find all five of the others spared and escape earth to find it's sister planet before all are dead. You will know if they are part of the group because of the colored chip the would find in the place they are during the attack. The other parts of the world are being attacked as we speak. To find out more read the other chips and at the end of each computer chips memory there will be a part of a puzzle. You are the best hope for humanity to stay alive. You are known for knowledge and strength. Good luck." I looked at Eric and grabbed the chip out of his hand. I plugged it in and waited for the machine to  process it.  I put Eric in front, the computer scanned his face.
          "Welcome Eric Samuel Malcolm. Have you found Rosanna Judith Flora?" He looked at me and laughed.
"Yes...yes...YES!" The computer didn't do anything. I looked at the screen and it said 'y for yes and n for no' I looked at Eric and smirked.
           "Uh, Eric it says click y or n." He looked at the computer and groaned. He clicked y and crossed his arms. The same computerized face came on the screen and smiled.
          "Rosanna Judith Flora. You will take Eric on this journey with you. Together you will find a way to get your other four chips and to get the others and not only escape the earth but to also find a way to defeat the robots and their makers. If someone is unsuccessful, leave them behind with out a chip and leave a message for us. I assure you that we will take care of it. When I say unsuccessful, I mean someone who makes no difference or makes things harder for you and your group. You need patience and a sense of both leadership and logic. Good luck. " A piece of a map was shown. I guessed  this was the puzzle. But it wasn't roads and cities, it was stars and planets. I looked at Eric but he didn't look confused at all.
            "That is the Big Dipper  and Little Dipper. The line says we have to go through and follow the points of the Taurus's horns and go through Cancer diagonally." He said. I kind of understood what he was saying, but where did all of this knowledge come from? I don't know, but maybe that is why he is with me, why he's alive too.