Epilogue: Happy

A Few Months Later

Kian stirs and rolls over, his hand reaching out but feeling only mattress.

"Cam, where are you?" Kian mumbles, opening his eyes.

There is a plate set on the side table with a glass of juice and a card.

Kian's stomach growls and he picks up the card. It is handwritten. 'Happy birthday, my love. Every moment with you is a gift and I've got multiple gifts for you around the town. Find them all and you will find me and I'll give you your final gift. After eating breakfast, there is something in the bathroom for you.'

Kian obliges and picks up the plate to begin eating, the food is still warm. He scrolls through his phone seeing messages from Kayla, Marc, Skyler, Kira, and Lucian for his birthday. He thanks them.

After eating, Kian puts the plate on the side table and crawls out of Cameron's bed. He's only wearing an undershirt and boxers, the humidity in the air making it very warm inside.

Kian walks into the bathroom to see a change of clothes and a towel with a note. 'These are new clothes I bought for you with Drew's help. You don't need to wear them if you don't want to. Don't turn on the water when going into the shower, there is a note for you inside.'

Kian peels off his clothes and grabs the towel. He enters the shower to look for the note and sees it on a bottle of shampoo. 'I bought you a new bottle because you mentioned to Drew that it was getting empty.'

Kian smiles, setting the note on the counter and turning on the water to a warm temperature.

Once finished in the shower, he dries his body before putting the clothing on. He runs the towel through his hair as he brushes his teeth.

He grabs his phone and the dishes before walking downstairs.

He is met with Drew in the living room.

"I told him you'd like them," Drew says, straightening his shirt and seeing his skin is already moist.

She grabs an envelope from the coffee table and hands it to him and he opens it. It is a generic card, but what drew his attention was the message at the bottom. 'You are nineteen, bubba. Whatever car you want, I will buy it for you.'

He looks up at her.

"Your dad and Kira went overboard in your birthday present. I know you've wanted a car since you got your license. Whatever you want and wherever you want to go."

Kian wraps his arms around her. "Thank you."

Her body tenses. "Kian, too close."

He moves away. "Sorry. I'm just really happy."

Drew smiles. "I know. I don't blame you. Happy birthday, bubba." She runs a hand through his wet hair. "I love you so much."

"I love you too."

"I shouldn't keep you too long, Madison's waiting outside."

Kian nods and leaves the room.

He goes outside to see her standing next to the car.

She hands Kian a light purple rose with a note attached. 'You are as rare as this rose and I have loved you since I first saw you. This rose symbolizes everything I feel for you. Get into the car with Madison and she'll take you to the next place.'

~~~

Madison and Kian return to the house a few hours later and carrying a few more gifts.

"Cameron said after that last note, you would know where to go next. He hasn't told me where that is so you are on your own."

Kian steps out of the vehicle, the sun warm on his skin and he walks over to the trees. Having been to the same place multiple times in the past, allows him to remember how to get there.

The water comes into view and he sees a blanket and a basket on the shoulder. He walks over to see a small box and a note. Kian picks up both and reads the note first. 'This is my promise to you that I will stay by your side and I will only ever want you.'

Kian feels arms wrap around his waist. "Happy birthday, my love."

"What is this?"

"Open it and see."

Kian opens the box and Cameron grabs the ring out of the box and slides it on Kian's finger.

Kian wipes his eyes before turning around. "Thank you for all that you got me." Kian wraps his arms around Cameron's neck, playing with the hair on his nape. "But there is only one thing I really want."

Cameron tightens his arms on Kian's waist as he brings his head down. "What, my love?"

"You." He joins their lips together.

______________________

A/N: Well, that's it for Crave. I hope you enjoyed the first book of the series. There will be a second book which might have some new characters. So keep an eye out for that.

Talk to you then :3