1. You've Never Left...

Shivaay's POV.

I close the file and lean my body on the back of the chair. Massaging my throbbing forehead, I open eyes, which land on a picture at corner of the table.

A perfect picture.

The Loves of my Life.

My Wife & my Brothers and sister.

The last group photo we had.

But my eyes focus on one particular woman in that picture, My Wife- Annika. We had a unique wedding. Unique in the sense, every marriage has seven pheras and seven vows, we had Eight.

The phera in which we swore to protect each other's Siblings as we protect our own. To Love and Cherish them like our own lives.

I might have failed her, Maybe. But she has never failed me, every vow is respected and fulfilled by her.

She never fails to amaze me.

It's been a little more than two years since we separated from the family. Almost two years and a half. We left the mansion with Omkara in tow.

He pledged to protect his family. Now consisting only Me, my Wife, Sahil and Gauri. They got married a year before.

Gauri and Annika have been our support systems, we both brothers have touched heights of success and riches. But they have checked to make sure that our feet remained to the ground.

One of the marriage vows stated that the Husband must earn the wealth and the wife must nurture the family.

We had the other way around.

The initial few months after the separation from the family, Annika had to single handedly manage the financial situation at home. Living in small 2BHK flat, and handling day-to-day expenses of four family members was difficult for her. With mine and Om's bank accounts sealed, we couldn't help in any other manner apart from managing home, while she was out, working. It took a lot of time to find a job and stabilize ourselves and finally begin our own business.

During those days, having the taste of both, failure and success I had realized the meaning of words once Annika had said to me in a fit of rage, "Mai, Mera Naam aur Meri Pehchaan jo bhi hai, apni khud ki mehnat se hai."

Sitting here, in the Air conditioned, super luxurious cabin of President of the MNCs was a constant reminder of the struggles we had to surpass to gain this wealth and comfort, again, this time on our own.

I had my own bad days at work, venting it out on my wife sometimes, which lead to some of our major fights. Everytime I apologized aftermath, everytime she forgave me.

Everything was worth it though, those fights often lead to a robust lovemaking night. Nights when we felt we couldn't get enough of each other. Those nights were best defined by our moans, groans, giggles and sweet afterglow. Having her in my arms, with that beaming smile, her hair all over the pillow and stark naked body plastered to myself was the best feeling I had in the morning.

The world had named it right, Lovemaking.

A blissful moment where the souls culminated.

A bed where emotions consummated.

A process which would bind two soulmates together, forever.

Looking back to our journey so far, after nearly three years of marriage, everything seems perfect.

I had always heard of companionship, yet never felt it, but now with my lady love by my side, every pain, every sorrow, every success, failure and celebration seemed to be worth it.