Chapter 1: Satan, What Are You Doing?

"Becka?! Becka?!? Where are you?!"

"AJ! Alex! Help!!"

"BECKA?!?"

~a couple of years ago~

Just a normal anti-social teen that runs away from her own problems...

-sighs- I'm a very sensitive person. I'm all jacked up in the head. I start to hear random voices every now and then. I usually never share that secret in fear of getting picked on but regardless, that doesn't stop people from messing with me...

My friend, my BEST friend, from middle school, Alex Hartman.

When I say best friend I really mean my long-time crush. Alex Harthman has been my best friend since 7th grade. When we first met was when I was I just transferred in the winter from Blooms Burge junior high to Islesford. I was lost and didn't know what to do or where I was going.

When people herd about me, well, they wanted to get to know the new girl. They tried getting to know me but unfortunately I gave them an impression of a freak because of the way I dressed, the way I looked, and the music I listened to. This one girl, started this whole thing of "stay away from the emo girl" and I wasn't even emo, I just dressed comfortably and coincidentally I own a bunch of black.

The bullying happened for months, i was miserable, but then this boy stood up for me during lunch when a couple of girls started throwing food at me. I never saw him due to the fact he's a grade higher, so he was in the 8th grade wing most of the time, mind you, I was in 7th... And that's how Alex and I met.

We had so many happy, laughing memories together after that. We hung out everyday after school. We became inseparable. I didn't care he was a grade higher than me. I wished every night that I never get separated from him and that we stay best friends. 7th grade was the best.

Then the summertime came around...Alex's mom decided that they should move. Her job got transferred, So, before I knew, my thoughts of never seeing Alex ever again came true. He was gone before I could say goodbye.

I spent my 8th grade year without him.

It was the most horrible year ever.

After Alex was gone, everything went down hill. The bullying came back. The cruel jokes and pranks became worse. I was hurt so bad, I nearly got kidnapped as a prank. It gotten that bad.

Freshman year was coming along.

I felt relived. I get to finally be left alone, or so I thought. The brand new year started with the same judgemental people. I cant get out of hell. Satan must love me. It stayed that way throughout the year. A few days later, I was in my home room class, listening to my music and sitting in the corner in the back.

The pumped up 'bad boys' began walking towards me.

"Leave me alone, Terrance Lenoval." I said in an angrily fashion. "Look, Becky-"

"My name is Becka!" I corrected him in annoyance.

"Whatever your name is, this is our spot, SO MOVE."

"Okay, so now, you want me to move? First, get my name right. Until then, no thanks."

Terrance's face looked red and angry. "MOVE."

"No." I said firmly. "You need to take an anger management class for your terrible toddler tantrums"

"I said MOVE!" Then in a sudden moment, I felt Terrance grab a fistful of my hair and then threw me down onto the floor. I realized I just got pulled outta my chair. I could feel the cold floor pressed against my face.

"Didn't I tell you to move you stupid bitch? I can handle my anger just fine! See? I'm not mad because throwing you on the floor was funny enough."

Chatter in the class stopped.

I got up, dusted myself off, grabbed my book, and smacked Terrance with the book while he was laughing.

The book's spine hit between the bridge of his nose and his forehead.

He became very furious. I began taking steps back from the angry jock, who was soon going to kill me. He stomped towards me. I backed up into a corner. A crowd formed behind Terrance.

All I hear is screaming, yelling, shouting, laughing, etc.

Ten seconds later, Terrance was right in my face, then grabbed my shirt, lifted me off the floor, and began whispering in my ear.

I couldn't hear what he was saying because of all of the extra noise.

Then I herd the door swing wide open, to were the door knob bashed the wall.

"TERRANCE! What are you doing?!" Right then and there, he dropped me. I began to slide down to the floor.

"Milost! Uhhh...I was uhh..." Terrance had nothing to say. He shuddered and started choking on his words.

"Yeah uhh my ass! Move away from the girl."

"Milost baby!" Angela said so surprised.

Who's Milost? Is that the guy Angela's dating?

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm here, so what?"

Then it hit me, Milost? That sounds familiar...

No it couldn't be...?

Though he sounds like a real A-hole.

But as the crowd started to clear, I saw his face. My heart just dropped.

Alex Milost Harthman....!

His face was pale but in a way it looked beautiful.

Alex it is you...!

The way his dark silky hair fell perfectly onto his shoulders.

His eyes were grey - blue. They changed. They used to be blue but they looked so gorgeous. I was just so mesmerized.

But then I looked at his whole face, trying to analyze him. He looked so much older.

"Hey little lady, are you okay?"

"His voice..."

"Alex? Alex Hartman?"

"Yes, wait, Becka?!" Alex sounded so amused to see me.

Alex offered me a hand up.

Everyone gave me a dirty look when Alex gave me a huge bear hug.

His hugs, they were so comforting.

I remembered how he used to hug me this this in the past.

My face felt warm against his chest as I buried my face into his sweater. His cologne smelt so nice.

"My, my, you've grown so much!" Alex examined me all over, head to toe.

Jesus, his voice is just so...Hey! Stop thinking like that!!

"And you...you look, different." I scanned his face as if he was a total stranger.

"Is this different...okay?" He asked looking down at his feet.

"Y-yes!" I said, trying to sound enthusiastic. I felt so relieved.

I'm almost bursted into tears, seeing him was the best feeling ever.

Finally...

(Sorry guys for the slow update!

im trying hard to update but its a balance with band camp n all. im in vegas as of right now *7-29-13* and wont be home untill saturday. so hang in there!!!

surprises and more surprises,

Samantha c: )