Gifts

Yami's P.O.V.

I looked at the now blank screen in shock. I stood up.

"Yami?" Came Jay's inquiring voice from down on the couch. "What's wrong?"

"It's like I lost him all over again!" I said, the tears dripping off my fsce as I gazed at the wall across from me. I didn't care if the others thought I was a baby for crying. They would be too if their love had died two weeks ago too!

"We are going to get him back! I promise!" Came a small voice from the couch. I looked to see four pairs of somber eyes looking back at me. The Yu brothers faces were filled with determination, and it reminded me of Yugi's when he tried, (and failed), to look fierce.

"Thank you guys. I know we will get him back, but it is still hard to be without him," I said, looking at them. Yuya and Yuto nodded in agreement.

"Yami, you remember that Yugi left you somethings, right?" Came Ryou's comforting voice from the other side of the couch.

"Well, we were told to give you after Yugi died, if he died. And so, here is item number one," came Jay's voice, and she held out a small package. I took it in my hands, and unwrapped it.

Inside the box was a pair of rings. The first had a ruby in the center, followed by two amythists, while the other had an amythist in the middle, and two rubies on the sides. Also, in the center of the gems in the middle was an unknown language. It was beautiful, and seemed melodious to me.

"The rings say your names," came Ryou's voice once more. "The one with the ruby in the center has your name on it, and the amythist has Yugi's name."

I try to hold back the tears that are threatening to spill. Ibjust manage to choke out "When did he make this?"

"He made this on the way here. We have a deposit of gems that comes from the Pendulums, so he got the gems from the four worlds," Jay said, looking at the rings.

"On the way up the staircase there was a loose section of railing. Rather than have it fall of and hit someone, he decided to take it and melt it into the rings," Ryou continued.

"And he forged it together with my energy magic," Malik added, peeking in from the side.

"He asked us to engrave the names, so we did. We always bring our engraving kit. You never know when it could be needed," came Bakura from the corner.

I needed a moment to process this information, but Jay quickly gave me the second object.

"Here. This is the second object that Yugi wanted you to have," Alia said, nodding at the package resting in the palm of my hand.

I opened the package and gasped at the contents. Inside the package was a silver circlet. It was shaped like a branch, with the leafs jutting off the branch at angles. It was beautiful.

"That...that's the crown of the Yami no's!" Came the shocked cry of Malik. He looked at me, than back at the circlet in my hands. I looked at the heavy object in my hands.

"How did Yugi get this?" I asked. Malik froze. His face was red, and full of shame.

"Yugi's brother was married to the Prince of the Yami nos. Then Atem's father died, and Atem got the throne, and crowning him with that crown. However, when he..." Ryou paused, trying to find the right way to say this.

"When he...passed, Yugi said that the attackers had taken it as a shiny, not knowing what it actually was. Then Yugi disappeared for days, and when he came back he was exhausted. When he woke up again, five days after his excursion, he refused to talk about what happened," Ryou said. He had chosen his words carefully.

"He must have left to get Atem's crown!" Came Malik's voice, from the back.

"But why would he give the crown to me?" I asked, looking at the audience standing before me.

There was silence in the room for five minutes. No sounds came, not even from outside. Then, hesitantly, Ryou spoke, his voice quavering with...fear?

"Yami, have you ever heard the story of the lost child?" He asked, his voice low.

"No, why?" I said, fear rising up my throat now too. He was scaring me, and I didn't like it.

"Well, here it goes," Ryou said.

******************************

The two dimensions, the one of Hikaris and the one of the Yami nos were in a joyous state. Twins had been born to each of the royal families, and all in all there was ruckus from both.

Both sets of newborns were all boys, and both sets looked remarkably similar. And so, on the black market, they would earn millions.

A man, who excelled in the art of thievery decided that he would sell them on the market as slaves, and earn all the money for himself. So he devised a plan and went to the Yami no palace.

He snuck into the palace, slipping around the corridors, and dodging the guards that roamed the deserted halls, making his way to the Nursery.

When he arrived, he glanced at the twins and chuckled. They were asleep, and none the wiser.

The one on the left was as pale as the one on the right was tan. They were similar in any other way, except for the skin tone.

The thief smiled and grabbed the pale one first, putting him into the bag. He reached for the other one, but heard the alarm, and froze. Someone had sold him out. So, he just ran. He ran, and had the child with him. But he started to get slower with the weight of the baby as well, and he dropped him off of Gyreon.

******************************

You see, you are the first person that Yugi has seen that looks exactly like him. That means that you are probably the child from the legend. You are Prince Yami.

******************************

There weren't any volunteers, so I am narrating again. Anyway, we have to follow the storyline, so the next will probably be them heading off again, if I can get them to move. They seem to like Jay's couches. (I will never move!) Yami, you will move! I can make you! Anyway, vote and comment! Bai!
~Puzzleshipping44 and Yami Sennen