Prologue

When the bell had rung and Vlad dashed toward his locker, he thanked who ever would listen to him that he wasn’t late. He shuffled past all of the half-naked boys on his way to his gym locker. This was the class he hated the most, but he needed at least a semester of gym to graduate.

      With reluctance he opened his gym locker and took his close with him to the bath room stalls. He would never change out there with all the other males of his high school. Changing with them would have caused his end.

 After he had changed out of his shirt and into his gym one, there was a a knock at the stall door.

“B-busy.” He tried to yell back, and hoped the knocker could hear him.

“Alright, freaks in here!” A voice had yelled back, Vlad supposed the knocker.

The door had begun to, what Vlad fear, slammed into by some boy to break the lock. Also what was unfortunate for him was how easy they were to break.

“No, please…” He mumbled to himself.

Finally the door had opened and a few boys rushed in, as if to kill their prey. They grabbed Vlad harshly and threw him to the ground. After a few violent kicks, one of them pulled him up by the collar of his shirt. Vlad could have sworn he rip of what he guessed was his shirt, his only one.

They dragged Vlad over to the corner of the bathroom, were the toilet was. Laughing like morons they dunked his head in the waste monster. Over and over and over again. Vlad couldn’t hear his own screams or pleas over their sinister laughter. After a few more dunks the chucked him to the ground like waste, and walked off, proud of what they did.

Vlad lay there, horrified, staring at a wall. He knew at some point he had to move, he just couldn’t.

Vlad flinched as he felt some one sit him up against a wall and press something dry against him. Vlad turned his head and all he could see was gold.

Before he could look at his saviors face, he had disappeared. All he had left Vlad with was a small towel.