2.3

Chapter 2.3: the dolphin couple

'I can beat him up if you want me too?' Cameron furiously etches on the bathroom stalls

'I can beat him up if you want me too?' Cameron furiously etches on the bathroom stalls. I laugh a little, causing his attention to diverge onto me.

'Your laughing?' He asks completely baffled by my laughter.

'Why wouldn't I be?' I question, swallowing some of my hilarity, 'You're in the girl's bathroom.'

It was true, he was standing in the middle of the white washed girls bathroom, luckily no one was here but I wouldn't be surprised if someone walked in on us.

He rolls his eyes, 'A friend in need is a friend indeed.'

'Are you sure that's the quote?' I counter attack, just as the double doors swing open. Quickly, I usher Cameron to keep quiet before pushing him along with myself into the nearest bathroom stall, jamming the lock shut.

Heels clicking against the polished floor fill the silence, there's more than one of them.

'So you'll never guess who asked me out.' One of them cries and I already know who it is. The high pitch voice, the heels— Carli.

'Grayson?' Says another, unsurprised, voice, 'It's quite obvious he would. He's been ogling at you for days.' The unknown voice snorts as if it's the most obvious fact in the world.

Carli laughs, making the room sound like a dolphin aquarium. I know I shouldn't be hating, she's my best friend, but I can't stop it. It's like an evil side of me has risen. I feel Cameron's hand on my shoulder. He looks at me with concern but I just shrug him off.

'He invited me over today!' Carli pipes up. I furiously, grab on to Cam.

Cameron mouths to me, 'The nerve of this boy.' I nod my head in an I know right?  fashion, before once again turning my attention back to the girls.

I hear the clacking of their heels once again as one of them speak, 'Cool snapchat me.'

We wait for the double doors to slam close. That's our signal. Cameron jumps of the toilet seat and flings the door open, 'quite stuffy in there.'

I spin him around and shove him at the door, 'You should go before another girl comes in and sees you.'

He eyes me concerning, 'You'll be ok right? No more crying over dolphin boy.'

I nod my head reassuringly.

'She sounds like a dolphin too,' He thinks to himself before looking at me, 'We'll call him them the dolphin couple.'

'Go.' I point at the door while laughing. He waves at me before disappearing.

I sigh and wait for the first bell to ring. The hallways may have cleared up a little more. Less of a chance of meeting Grayson and/or Carli. I grab my backpack and move towards study hall.