Chapter Three

Inside, Chase had the music on and the room was already filled with smoke. “You started without me?” I joked around. He laughed for a little bit and calmed himself. Chase always was one to start without us. I could smell my friend, Mary-Jane, dancing in my nostrils. God, how I missed her. It had only been a couple of days but when you are a stoner, a couple of hours seem terrible.  I loved the fact that I could keep my cool on the outside, while tripping out on the inside. I knew what I had been missing, the trip; that was the best part. The high crept up on you and just like that, you were gone. Giggling like a maniac and falling over. Your memory for the time being is gone.  By yourself, it’s not to fun. With friends, your life had just begun.

Chase made his way toward me, trying to stealthily dance as well. I laughed at him while he passed me his bag of weed. I brought the bowl, I get the green hit.  Chase was already high, so it’s not like he would object to my theory.  I packed the bowl carefully, leaving nothing outside the rim, and I took my hit. Puff, Puff, Pass? No, when you are with three other people it’s puff, pass. You might be lucky to get three hits each person before the bowl is cashed. Like I said, Chase is already high, I’m sure he wouldn’t mind if I got enough for another bowl or two. The smoke crawled out of my mouth as I exhaled and French inhaled again. I gave my bowl to Shelly and watched as she hit her mark. Shelly was a light-weight.  One puff and she was done with everything. I hope she doesn’t get into her moods again.

The next hit went to Candi.  She smiled as Shelly handed her the pipe. “WOOOOO! Les get this party started!!” She yelled while grabbed the lighter from my hand. Candi was already blazed. This girl was as much as a stoner as I was.

“Chase?” I asked. His face was pale and his voice was shaky as he answered me. “I need food real quick.” He said and turned around into the kitchen. Then he grabbed some food and came back, his face was full of color and his eyes were red and glazed. Chase was still gone from this world.

‘Pass my hit.” He said with food in his mouth. His choice of food was amazing looking. Cheese pizza with olives on top.

“Ight.” I said, grabbing the bowl and bringing it to my lips. I lit this wonderful stuff and inhaled as much as I could. The smoke entered my lungs and I could practically hear my mother yelling how useless I was. I could hear her yelling about how I would amount to be nothing. Knowing that I already had two jobs at the same time, she didn’t care. My life was always a disappointment to her, as it always will be.  

Shelly yelled at me. ”Hurry your ass up! I want some too!” She quickly took the bowl from my hand and proceeded to inhale. The look on her face was annoyance, as if I pissed her off.

“Hay, Candi? “ She asked “Can I sleep over tonight?” Candi nodded her head, letting out smoke in the same time. The music in the background was everything I needed to let my anger off my mind. This white rhino was everything I could’ve wanted and more. Mary-jane had got me buzzed again.

I sat down on the couch by Candi. She was laughing so hard she was shaking the couch. This woman was nothing compared to Shelly. Shelly had been there for me, though she didn’t know that last detail of my life. I still wanted her, wanted to be with her. Shelly didn’t have the parts that I wanted though.