Chapter Four: Friends?

My phone went off loudly at my bed side. I sat up quickly in bed, breathing heavily. ‘It was just a dream, just a bad dream,’ I thought. Nightmares had become a normal thing since I was 13. I ran a hand down my face and looked at the time. It was already one.

I checked my phone and found a text from Hazel.

You better get up! You have to get ready for your date!!!! –Haze’

I rolled my eyes and quickly began to message her back.

‘For one, it’s only 1pm. Dean’s not coming til 7 so there’s no point in getting ready now. And for two, it isn’t a date. We’re just hanging out. –K’

I got up from my bed and opened the curtains. Light poured in from outside and pooled onto the floor. My phone buzzed on the desk with a new text.

Never too early to get ready! And whatever you want to call it. I’m calling it a date. –Haze’

I set my phone back down and made my way to the bathroom for a shower. I took my time. It must have been at least half an hour before I got out. I got dressed in skinny jeans and a Guns N’ Roses shirt. My stomach growled loudly, so I jogged downstairs to grab some food. After eating, I sat down on the couch and watched television for a while. BCC was running a Doctor Who marathon, just my luck.

Before I knew it, there was a knock on the door. My older sister, Becka, sister came downstairs.

“Who’s at the door?” she asked.

“Uh, no one. Just go back upstairs.”

She gave me a look and we both raced towards the door. Unfortunately, my sister got to it first and whipped it open.

“Um, hi, is Kimberley home?” I heard Dean’s voice say from the doorway.

My sister put a hand on her hip and looked Dean up in down in a way that most fathers would to their daughter’s boyfriend.

“Who are you?” she asked him.

“I’m Dean Winchester.”

She leaned in closer to him and said something that I couldn’t hear. Becka moved away from the door, revealing a slightly nervous looking Dean. I had to admit, my sister can be pretty menacing.

I grabbed my phone and shoved it into my pocket as I made my way out of the house.

“Have fun,” Becka called out and shut the door.

“Sorry about her,” I apologized.

“Don’t worry about it. You ready to go?” Dean asked.

I nodded and he grinned, making his way to what I assumed to be his car.

“Whoa…”

It was a sleek black car with chrome details. Metal letters labeled it as a Chevy Impala. This car, in short, was beautiful. I just stood there with my jaw to the floor. Dean looked at me and grinned.

“You like the car?” I nodded.

“It’s awesome!” He laughed and then looked like he remembered something.

“Oh yeah, by the way, my dad asked me to take my brother with and let him go see a movie on his own. I hope you don’t mind, I couldn’t really help it.”

“It’s alright, doesn’t put a damper on any of my plans.”

I opened the passenger side door and got in. Dean did the same on his side. A familiar head poked forward from the back seat. He looked at me and smiled.