Chapter 2

Chapter 2

"Hey dumb ass over here." I could hear someone yell. I got up and moved toward them, but I had fallen. I looked over to see someone's leg where I was walking. The class bursted out laughing and I ran out. I ran to the bathrooms and ran into a stall. I sat up on top of the toilet and closed my eyes. "I hate myself." I mouthed over and over again rocking back and forth. I had a few tears going down my face when I heard a voice.  

"Hey girls the shank of the day is in here." Oh no it's her. Sophia. Her and Liam were dating and nobody knew why. I hear the clank of her heels hit the floor as she came closer and closer and closer. BAM! The door swung open reviling her and her group of cheerleaders. I hopped off and pushed through.  

"Drop dead bitch" "yea drop dead nobody cares about Alyssa the mute girl. I bet your parents are ashamed to have you as their daughter." Kayla spat out. I stopped and they came to me. I could stand these hoes anymore and I swung my fist right into her cheek. Kayla hit the floor and her gang came running my way.  

"Oh hell no!" I heard Sophia and she ran at me. She pushed me down causing me to bash my head against the ground. This grabbed people's attention. She slapped my face and hit my stomach. She was on top of me so I pulled her off and threw her on the ground. She lied there and the first thing I though of I did. 'Get the hell out of there' and I did. I began to run to my classroom. I ran in grabbed my stuff and headed for the door. I was almost out until I got stopped by Mr. Weeks.  

"Where do you think you are going young lady?" She asked as I tried to push through. I thought getting out of school would work but I didn't.  

"You need to sit back down." She demanded and I did. I sat at the table full of my worst nightmares. 

"Is Alyssa in this room?" I heard the principle say while poking his head in the class room. I sunk down in my chair as people pointed me out. I got a pencil and a piece of paper and wrote...  

"Yes sir. What is the problem?" He walked up and read it. He shook his head and grabbed me by the sleeve of my shirt. I was pulled out if the room and was face to face with Sophia. 

"You both have ASD tomorrow." He said and my heart fall. I mean I can't stay after, what if my father gets home and there is no food ready, or the house isn't clean or I'm not home. Grrrr. He released us and I walked back in awkwardly.  

"Ok we will go to Alyssa's house after school today to work on this project." Megan said. Everyone mumbled stuff under their breath but still agreed to go. The rest of the day went by fast and I just waited for the end bell.  

"RING!!!!"  

That was the dismissal bell and we all hurried out of the room. I started walking down the road when someone pulled up next to me. 

"Get in and tell me where your house is." Harry said and I hopped in. Oh great how am I supposed to tell him. Then I got an idea. I typed in my address and handed the phone to Harry. It was only me and him in the car so it was weird. 

"Really still can't talk. Nobody's around." I shook my head.  

"Pathetic." He said. I was about to say something then a lump grew in my throat and I flinched back thinking he would hit me. Nobody nows why I went mute, well only Rose. I mean I used to talk, a lot and I would talk about talking even. I loved to sing that was for sure. But the day my mom left and my father started drinking was the day I stopped talking. One day he got so drunk and I just said one thing and he punched me right in the face. It was like that a lot because I would say the wrong thing and I would get punished for it; like getting slapped, hit, burned, or even cut. I just decided it would be best to keep my mouth closed.