(In the perspective of the father)

It was a bright and beautiful afternoon. I sent my son out to play with the other boys, while we sang and had fun swimming in the golden rivers. I woke up, because of a loud crash; it was just another Dx1700 war robot breaking down and joining the rebellion. You see, the world used to be similar to the paradise in my dreams; our ancestors would eat fruits, along with the animals. Until one day one of our ancestors ate something corrupted and shared it with the other. The world changed forever.

    I called my son; we needed to find the "paradise" of my dreams. He was getting ready to go to school, but I told him about my dream. He was six years old, an age of imagination and adventure. I suddenly remembered a book my father read to me when I was younger. It was called the "Prophetic Chronicles."

    We looked for it inside our apartment, which was pretty messy already. After a few hours of turning the whole apartment upside down, we found it beside my father's journal. All the memories of my childhood came back to me; I smirked. "Your grandpa told me one day I would need it," I said to my son. He asked me if my father was a good father; I told him "no, he was a great father." As I said that statement, for some reason it reminded me of my wife; a tear fell down my cheek. She died three weeks ago, Trevor was too young to understand.

    I started reading the book looking for clues to where "paradise" was. I didn't find anything, and I lost all hope, but then a little finger pressed on my shoulder; Trevor found a note from my dad on where the paradise was. Then I took the book and packed my things; I balked when I saw her photo, but I knew she would want us to go with or without her. I packed Trevor's things for him; he asked me if we could take our dog, Blake, along. I said  we could, and he rejoiced with happiness. We left for the airport in our blue Speeder. We got there in time for our flight to the island of Hawaii.

    Along the way something hit the Bladejet. The turbines were failing, so we braced for impact; surprisingly the plane didn't fall. We were being carried by something; something really big. I woke up, we were still on the plane, but why was it so bright? I looked up; the roof was gone. I started looking around for Trevor, and that's when I realized........... We were on the ocean.

    We were stranded; I was able to find Trevor, but Blake was nowhere in sight. I scavenged all the food along with Trevor, and that's when we heard a whimper. I lifted the debris, and there was Blake. His left leg was bleeding a lot of blood, so I told Trevor to find a First Aid kit. I thanked God for letting me go to Med school, I blocked the blood flow and cleaned up his wound; He was alright. 

    We floated onto an island, that looked deserted. I saw someone on the shore and asked him for help. He gave us food and water, then he told us he was a fisherman. He said we were on the more deserted side of Hawaii thankfully. The next day we said our goodbyes and left for the other side of the island.

    We did our best to avoid a few rebels and exiles. We came across a river with a really strong current; while we were on the bridge, Trevor was playfully jumping up and down. I saw a plank of wood fall. I passed together with Trevor and Blake, but Blake's hind left leg failed him; Blake slipped into the raging river, and he was gone.

    Trevor wept for a few hours, but we had to continue on our journey. We finally got to the other side of the island. There were X800s everywhere;  I asked the locals what was happening, and they told me that the patrol force was doing a sweep scan for rebels. I asked them if they knew about a place like paradise, but no one knew anything.

    We slept in an inn, and the innkeeper told us that there was a man on the other side of the island who might know where the "paradise" we were talking about is. There were others who didn't believe him and exiled him to the deserted side of the island for life. So early morning the next day we took the perilous journey back. This time, we couldn't find the fisherman anywhere. We went back to his cave, but no one was there; a loud grumble came from the deeper parts of the cave so we ran away from it.

    We got to the forest, but we heard it coming. I knew there was no way we could escape this, so I told my son to run as fast as his tiny feet could go. I told him to find paradise, and he left.I took the picture of my wife, with her beautiful eyes and sparkly hair, and told it I'd see her again soon. I saw it come; it was a huge beast with horns, claws the size of swords, and terrorsome, evil eyes. It looked me straight in the eyes, and it lunged at me; it's claws went straight through my body. I was fading away, with the only thought in my mind, "I'll see you soon."