Chapter 11: Starting Puberty

Five years have passed and Hannah was in sixth grade just started and was experiencing the joy of puberty. Not only pimples and random mood swings but her wings itched all the time and she could now breathe fire and her lungs had a burning sensation if she waited to long to blow it out every now and again. Amanda assured her it would pass and she would learn to control it in time.
"It's a common problem for teenage dragons it happens all the time." Assured Amanda.
"Are the itchy wings a thing too? Cause it's super annoying." Said Hannah.
"Yes about this time the coating comes off your scales and they grow along with your wings."
"Do you have any itchy cream or hydrocortisone whatever you call it?"
"It wouldn't work scales aren't like human skin."
"Do you have anything that would work?"
"Yeah I can brew something up but it won't be ready till after school."
"Great so I'm going to breathe fire in private and scratch my invisible wings." Hannah said sarcastically.
"Sorry dear, I'll make sure to keep it on hand for you next time. If I realized you hit that phase I would have made sure to make it earlier."
"It's ok mom. Love you I got to go. I don't want to be late."
"Ok, Im Mel cin."
"Im Mel cin too." Hannah said as she kissed her mom on the cheek.
"Cín edhelen na- fluent a verui eithel spoken."
"Eithel im gar- been speaking an leben ennin hi im think im'd n- fluent"
"Yeah yeah sael er" said Amanda sarcastically as she watched Hannah walk out the door with a smile on her face. Joshua then walked in from the living room and hugged Amanda from behind.
"She's growing up so fast." Said Joshua.
"She is and I am concerned about how quickly she's growing."
"I am too."
"I know I shouldn't be. I know she's growing at the normal rate of a human child, but it seems like she's growing much faster then that."
"I know, it seems like that for me too. We are gonna need to buy some guns."
"Joshua! You considering weaponry?" Said Amanda shocked.
"Well we are going to need to keep the boys away from her somehow and I think your true form might be a bit overkill. Then again maybe not." Smiled Joshua.
"Hmm well I always could brew them something that will keep them sick to their stomach for a week." Teased Amanda.
"Elegant,understated, and painful for them. I like it." Joshua teased back as he kissed Amanda.
"Now I got to get to work and I believe you have a breakfast date with Natalie which I am totally jealous about." Said Joshua.
"Yes I do. Now go on you don't want to be late and neither do I."
Joshua then gave her one last goodbye kiss and walked out the door. Amanda then followed closely behind as she walked to the portal and met Natalie at the portal and they grabbed breakfast in their realm.