Prologue

"If I were fierce and bald and short breath,
I'd live with scarlet Majors at the Base,
And Speed glum heroes up the line to death."
-Siegfried Sassoon (1886 - 1967)
English Poet and Writer
"Base Details"

This is the most tormenting part of being an agent. You'll be involve in a stage play were you'll risk your life and be a living marionette.

A 6'4" man stood up on his black couch as he took his last sip of his brewed coffee. Still, he is debating to himself on what is he going to believe or just doubt the ideas squishing on his mind. He walks back and fort while massaging his temples then from time to time pinched the bridge of his pointed nose and took a deep breath. 'How can be these things annoying as it could be?' No matter how far it goes, yet nothing changed the fact that everything is a mess.

After a few minutes, he grabbed his keys and walked out of his condo unit wearing his black leather jacket, ripped jeans and his black sneakers and take a head to the elevator. He doesn't bother about their agency's "formal policy" but instead he wears comfortable matter. As soon as the elevator opened, a stunning red-haired woman who is wearing a fitted pink tank top paired with black fleece, skimpy gaiter and fancy boots, who's svelte in built, stands at 5'9", has a fair complexion, stepped out and removes her aviator glasses only to show her mesmerizing brown eyes and stares at him with ease. But later on, it turns out like a very choleric glare plastered on her magnificent face.

"Damn you Agent 57! Pinaghintay mo ako ng isang oras sa starbucks kasi sabi mo 2pm sharp tapos anong oras na oh! Its freaking 3:29pm at maabutan kita dito-"

He put his index finger on her pink luscious lips and stared the woman with bored look.

"Stop nagging me, Jeung." He grabbed her arm and stepped inside the elevator and pressed the button to ground floor.

"No! You should call me Agent 24 pabo! Baka nakakalimutan mong mataas ang rango ko sa'yo! I'm three ranks ahead of you idiot."

He just eyed the woman blankly. True enough. Mas matagal sa serbisyo ang babae kumpara sa kanya. Pero siya lamang ito na hindi tumatanggap ng preferment mula sa kanilang supremo at nanatili nalang sa ganoong position.

I'd like to be in the field full of streaming bullets than to a field full of nasty and crumpled papers. Hindi ako naging isang top secret agent para lang sa mga piraso ng papel sa aking lamesa.

"We're in a public area. Shut up and stop being stupid. Tss."

Nanahimik nalang ang babae at umirap nalang sa kanya. He's a total dumbass. Bakit ba kasi dito niya pa napiling tumira eh di hamak naman na mas maganda ang unit sa HQ area. Napaka unpredictable niya talaga.
As soon as the elevator opened, a group of anonymous individuals riding in a motorcycle, who were wearing all black attire with an engraved big letter E in their shirts, point their revolvers in their direction and aim them to fire.

"Duck!"

[Gun shots] [Screams]

"What the hell~ Argh!"

"Shit. Are you strickled?"

"Yes! Don't state the obvious you dimwit! Go on and chase them to death. Aww~"

He ran as fast as he could but the riders in all black attire are gone. Dammit. They really want to provoke me yeah? Using this foolishly deeds to scare me huh. Well, it's not yet the time for them to pay me. Just wait bastards. All of you will die in Agent 57's way. I'm looking forward to that.
He walked back to the elevator to accompany the feisty woman. Only to see her wearing a bullet proof vest under her outfit and yeah technically lied to him for saying she was fired off. He put his hand under his chin and stared at her lividly.