1

My cheeks were like sand in a hot, blaring desert. Meanwhile, Mitch is probably putting gaping holes the size of his fist into his walls. I alwsy knew him as violent when certain things would occur. Another fight, but i'm used to it by now. I know we can make it. All we have to do is be patient and look past the fighting.

I hear my phone ring by playing Sweater Weather by The Neighbourhood. "All I am, is a man. I want the world in my hand. I ha-" I cut off the song by pressing the answer button.

"Hello..?" I said, barely stuttering.

"Hey!" I heard a faint laugh. "Liz and I are going to the mall. Can we pick you up?" It was Julie.

I hesitated before I toke a light inhale of dust, and sorrow, and replied with a feeble, "I'm studying." and hung up. We all knew that wasn't true. I already graduated. It was just the desolation getting to my head. I didn't know what to say. I don't like saying no.

I let my phone lay tightly between my petite legs. My door creeked open just a little, my brother, Ethan, walks in. He stays silent and slowly walks to my bed and sits down next to me. 

"What is it this time?" He asked, somehow knowing Mitch and I were fighting again. I pause before sighing and replying.

"He thinks i'm cheating..." I told Ethan.

"It's okay...if he doesn't trust you, then he doesn't deserve you." He responds, trying to make me feel better.

"Thats just the thing." I waver. "He doesn't deserve me." My caring brother smiles and stares at my eyes, starting to overflow with tears that I won't let escape. Then he walks out.

I say lightly to myself, "He deserves much better."

(A/N: I will not be able to udate much but when I get the chance I promise i will update.)