Runaway Juvia

Juvia furiously gripped her steering wheel, was she really about to do this, run away. She gulped and put the car in reverse. She drove down the road, not knowing where she was going and not really caring either. She saw Lyon walking down his driveway and that's when it dawned on her, maybe Lyon can help me. It was selfish, she knew but, that didn't stop her. She parked in the street close to his house and stepped out of her car.

Lyon shot her a questioning look and walked over to her, he looked stressed like he needed to get something out of his system before he exploded. "Juvia. I need talk to you, like now." Juvia nodded and Lyon smiled and led her into his home.

She looked around, taking in her surroundings thoroughly. "Lyon has such a lovely home." Lyon smiled and said, "thanks." He patted the spot next to him on the couch and she gratefully took it. "So what is it Lyon wants to talk about?" Lyon itched the back of his head awkwardly. "Well..." Juvia stared at him, confused and uneasy. "The thing is...I kinda have a school girl crush on you." He said confidentially. No. Way. This cannot be happening! Ugh, I can't do this I have to get out of here. "Look Lyon, Juvia has a lot of stuff going on, just give her time okay?" He nodded as Juvia made her great escape from him.

She climbed into her car and only felt like crying, she never cried so much in her life, why was she crying over the littlest things? She stepped on the gas and the engine roared as she sped away as fast as possible, she didn't care where she ended up, anywhere was better than in this town with those two brothers. She sped down the highway when she saw a small bar.

She got off the highway and parked her car to check out the homely looking place. She entered the bar and immediately was thrown into chaos. There were half naked women and drunk people everywhere, she turned around, ready to leave when something caught her attention. A girl with brown hair with 5 empty glasses of beer stacked on top of each other. The girl didn't seem drunk, in fact she was completely unaffected.

She walked over to the girl and sat down beside her, she needed to drink anyway. "Why are you here...you don't seem like the type to drink." Juvia looked down at the table, now sure how to answer the brunette. "Boys." Was all she said, still staring down at the table like it was a depressing movie. "Ah I see, I'm here for the same reason." Juvia looked at her and smiled sweetly. "What's your name?" She asked. "Cana." The brunette answered. "Oh that's a pretty name, Juvia is my name." Cana smiled and said, "Nice to meet you Juvia." Juvia nodded. "Same." Was all she said and turned to meet blue eyes. A white haired girl had a pen and notepad in her hands and smiled. "Can I get your order?" The girl asked cheerfully. "Yes, could Juvia please get a strong beer, Juvia doesn't really know the ones on the menu." The white haired girl nodded and walked off. "That's Mirajane." Cana said briefly. "Does Cana know her?" Juvia asked meeting Cana's eyes. She nodded. "Yeah we're drinking buddies." Juvia giggled. "Why does Mirajane drink?" Juvia asked curiously. "Same as me and you, in fact– Mira!" Cana yelled, getting Mira's attention. Mira walked over and handed Juvia her drink then looked in Cana's direction. "Yeah?" She questioned simply. "Come drink with us, your break starts in a minute anyway." Mira nodded and sat beside her friend Cana.

"So Mira, me, you, and Juvia have boy problems." Cana stated fact like. Mirajane blushed a dust rose color and smiled sheepishly. "So?" Cana smiled triumphantly and blurted, "So we should share our problems, it will help us." Mira and Juvia rolled their eyes but agreed in the end.

"Ok Juvia will start." Said Juvia with a smile. They nodded. "Well...Juvia's problem has to do a lot with her co-worker Gray~Sama, and her boss Lyon." She started, maintaining eye contact. "Well...Juvia was kissed by Gray~Sama, but he said it was just heat of the moment so she ignored the kiss. Then, Lyon told Juvia he liked her and now Juvia is confused." Juvia said, avoiding the part about how she almost got him killed. Both characters giggled and looked at each other. "Well, that seems complicated." Juvia nodded. Cana smiled and said, "Well my problem is this dude who can out drink me, I can't remember his name because I was drunk when he told me and now he won't repeat it for me. And I really like him but, he makes it so hard to tell if he likes me back and he never seems to notice me or anything." Mira stifled out a laugh and said, "I'm sure he does, you're funny and super pretty." "Thanks Mira." Said Cana sweetly. Juvia and Cana both looked at Mira expectingly. "Well, umm heh...there is this guy named Laxus and he's been fired by our boss, Makarov, and he didn't actually do anything wrong but it just seems that way and no matter what I say or do...the boss won't rehire him. Lately, we've been talking a lot, and I may or may not have slept with him." She said looking away, blushing. Both girls squealed and smiled at each other. "Boys are stupid." Cana stated and both girls nodded.

Mira looked down at her watch and hopped up. "My break is up, Cana you should come to my apartment at six and we could have a sleepover, the new season of Orange Is The New Black is out. Your welcome to come too Juvia." Juvia and Cana agreed and Mirajane walked off to finish up her shift. This will be a good way to change things up. Boys can be annoying after a while so I guess a girls night won't hurt. Juvia smiled to herself and stared into her empty glass, excited for the upcoming event.

To be continued...