IV - Partners

Gave you guys some nice music today since this chapter took so fucking long, I'm really sorry... I'm also sorry if their relationship seems kind of fast paced, I just can't wait since I have some amazing ideas for this book.

- Marks POV -

School is a pain in the ass. Filled with idiots and teenagers just looking for someone to hook up with, then dump, and don't get me started about the basic girls who shouldn't even be in high school based on their intellect.
There's always people who try to talk to me, then regret it once as I speak, and I like that, that feeling of being intimidating, because then I'm left alone.

I had science last period, and I didn't understand why people never like it. Science is the foundation of what makes our world, how can it not be fascinating? And space, don't get me started.
The teacher – Mr. Arin – was rambling on about a new project, I immediately turned to him, intrigued.

"-Since we are in the subject of biology, you will all create a human body structure, with the exception of a partner! Organs, bones and all; and if you have the best structure, you could win money, first place gets 2000, second gets 1000, and third gets 500! This project is due the fourteenth of November! Reminder: Today is October thirteenth, so you have a full month to finish! Now, you will be assigned to a partner and I do not want to hear any whining on not being able to chose. So, while.." He scanned the class, until his eyes landed on me. "Mark passes out the rubrics and the information sheets, I will name off the partner pairings." I sighed and walked up to the front of the class, taking the pile of papers stacked like a rectangle heart, rubrics going one way, and information sheets going the other. I quickly started handing them out, attempting to tune out the voices to hear my name be called.
"Casey and Tod."
"Tyler and Adrian."
"Riley and Ciel."
"And finally.."

Then, as I passed the two papers to the last person, I looked down and froze, seeing a pair of wide blue eyes staring up at me. It was Jack, he had another bruise on his cheek, larger than the one before, and he had a black eye, concealed under messy makeup.
Then, I finally heard my name.
"Mark and Seán!" The teacher called out proudly, as if he just made a match in heaven. I cocked my head to the side.

"Wait, Mr. Arin, who's Seán?" I asked, confused, as I've never heard that name.

"I-I'm Seán, Jack is a-a nickname.." I turned back towards him, making him flinch. He looked almost ashamed, and after what felt for forever, the teacher spoke for the last time.

"Now, sit next to your partner and discuss what you will do to get this project done! And I don't care if you move the desks, just put them back after you're done!" He instructed, sitting back down in his chair.
I looked back down to Jack, who gave a weak smile. I gave one back, quickly running to my desk to grab a pencil, then back to the desk beside Jack, almost slipping as I fit into the tiny seat. Jack silently laughing next to me, I gently nudge him with my arm as I laugh along. I took a breath to calm myself, then scanned over the information sheet, reading the supplies list.

"So, I can get the supplies for us pretty easily, and I know where to get good quality stuff for it. But, we're gonna need to do this at one of our houses.. What about your hou-"

"N-no! I mean.. it's small, and m-my parents don't like friends over.. What a-about your house?" He said, getting very anxious and frightened. I knew something bad was happening to him, I just wish he trusted me enough to say it. Hell, he didn't even tell his best friend, so why would he tell me?

"Yeah, my aunt and uncles house is large, and they allow anyone in the house, I swear they would let a murderer in even if they had their weapon out." I said, making him laugh. His laugh was so bubbly and happy, it was like he wasn't afraid just a few seconds ago. His eyes closed and his hand covering his smile, reminded me of someone...
I shifted in my seat, uncomfortable in my jacket.