Chapter 42

I have to remember this moment smirking, their faces were priceless. Cal's eyes were bugging out of there sockets an Derrick threw his head back sniffing the air, as the mixture of impending birth filled the small space. The ruptured plug containing the life force of our babies, blood, white mucus was dripping slowly down my legs onto the floor. Derrick expression went from out an out panic to blood red gasping for breath squeezing me too tight until I squeaked.

"I hear this is normal, guys", laughing softly until another contraction had my nails digging into Derricks forearm. A hiss came from my lips as my stomach tighten making my eyes water.

The doors swooshed open with Dr.Mason with two nurses pushing a gurney toward Derricks side. Dr. Mason immediately took Cal to another room as the nurses pushed me down the hall. Lucy, Derricks mate pushed her way through pushing Derrick out of the way."Move wolf boy!", Grabbing him by his collar. Lucy pulled Derricks head down crashing her lips with his. "Go help the pack. I will stay with Sam!", she ordered pushing him out the door slamming it shut. A deep growl shook the door as Lucy's green eyes sparkled an danced,"That should keep him pumped until the next time I see him", giggling. "Now let's make you comfortable. Child birthing is not for sissys."

"I may have never told you, but I the oldest of six", Lucy was telling me as she helped me take off my clothes. "I had to help birth the last one. My Mom mistook ingestion for labor", rolling her eyes,"needless to say it was like taking a birth control pill that last a long time for a thirteen year old."

I can see a future of intense confrontations between this lovely mischievous woman and her mate slash wolf. Derrick is too serious! Now he has a red headed Tasmania she -devil hot on his heels. I grinned as I watched Lucy push strands of red curls back off her face,"Give him hell girl!" My comment had us both laughing until another contraction hit.

The nurse Maggie was helping Lucy undress me putting on one of those disguising hospital gowns that left your ass hanging out. As the other nurse I remember doing the ultra sounds of mine an Cain's babies was attaching the electrodes to my stomach immediately hearing two heartbeats echo in the room. "They are fine Luna. Lie back", she instructed plumping the pillows as I laid back in a semi pose."Dr.Mason is attending to the wounded, but Maggie and I are here. We have brought many new pups in this world," she explained when another contraction hit causing Lucy to move quickly grabbing my hand staring me down her nose inches from mine her voice guiding me through the pain."Damn", I panted that was a good one, feeling sweat pop out across my forehead.

Maggie had draped the sheet over my legs pushing my knees up an apart as a glove hand went deep inside me while Lois cooed,"You are doing great Luna. Deep breath". It felt that Maggie had her hand shoved up inside me searching ,trying to find my tonsils. What the hell!!!

"As I thought Luna you are eight centimeters. Your little ones will be here soon, but since you so far along I cannot give you anything for pain", she said pulling her gloves off.

She looked way too happy when she said that! My insides are coming out, ripping out in excruciating pain an she is calmly telling me no drugs! Has she lost her mind! Dr.Mason promised me pain killers an by God I want them!

Another contraction hit again less than five minutes apart as I gave the evil eye to both Maggie an Lois gritting my teeth to keep from screaming as the pain ripped through my body.

I panted at the end following Lucy's coaching until I felt my stomach release the tight restricting pressure. "So", breathing deep, my eyes going from one to the other,"no drugs. I have to do this all natural", growling at the end. My fingers were digging into the side of the mattress, as I slowly squinted my eyes at each of them watching their Adam's apple move quickly up an down. I hope it is out of fear. They need to be very afraid!!!