Chapter 10

Collapsing down onto my back, every breath I took burned my throat. Raising my quivering head I stared at Hati, who had also collapsed, "Hati, let's end the sparring now shall we?" I yelled sounding very hoarse.

"That sounds like a great idea, I can't imagine us going any further in our current state." Scanning around at the ridiculous amount of craters and crack that riddled the entirety of the space, dropping back down, I tried to get up but failed as all my limbs had gone numb.

The sound of fingers snapping resonated through the utterly destroyed space, the space around me morphed into an oak brown ceiling as the sound of heels approached me alongside a familiar scent. "You two are a mess!" Athena exclaimed sitting me up against the backboard of the bed before moving to assist Hati.

"Before I carry on scolding you girls, Katherine could you say Blitz name again? It's to cut him some slack, the two of you have been going at it for four hours straight and obliterated that space in the process." Scratching my head apologetically, I came to realize that my hair was tied into a ponytail held together by a miniature crown. Just as I tried to pull the crown off with the little strength that had recovered in my right arm, Athena grabbed and ripped my hands away warning me, "don't pull that crown off or your power will go berserk and it will injure you critically."

Staring at her in partial shock, I called out Blitzschnell, causing the gauntlet, boots, breastplate, and crown to disintegrate as Blitzschnell appeared next to me, completely worn out as he slept with remarkably soft snores escaping his mouth. "Now the two of you, what you two had done just now was extremely reckless, especially you Katherine aren't you supposed to be more responsible than Hati? Pushing that much might become fatal for him, he's just a cub. Anyways drink this, that goes for you too Hati." Putting a vial of transparent broccoli green liquid onto my lap before passing one to Hati too.

"...I'm not drinking this Athena, you should know how much I hate drinking healing elixirs." Profusely refusing to drink the vial, Athena popped the cap off and forced it into Hati's mouth instantaneously, Hati's face grew dark in disgust with every drop of the liquid now down her throat. Collapsing down onto the bed lifelessly, Athena picked up the vial she placed on my lap, removed the cap and proceeded to forcefully jam it at my mouth, yanking my pursed lips open and allowed the distasteful liquid to enter, making my face to also darken but it remedied to numbness in my limbs, even though the feeling of regurgitating was overpowering.

At last, all the liquid in the vial had gone down my throat. With my strength mostly now recovered, I clutched my hands together before slipping a glance at Blitzschnell, who seemed to be blissfully napping. "Athena, could you tell me more about my mother and my past?"

"I don't see why not your fight with Carl is still a few hours away." Sitting up on the side of the bed as Athena sat down onto a chair which magically appeared.

"I guess I can start by saying, you and your mother are both goddesses like me. Loki, your grandfather was born from the God of Destruction before he was sealed over ten thousand years ago, Loki then attempted to break the seal but failed for six thousand years, constantly having his plans foiled by his step-brother, Thor, thus he created six gods and goddesses which he called his children, your mother being one of them but she was very rebellious since birth and never wanted intended to help her Father. By what she told me, you were born with a twin brother but I never met him as Loki took him away immediately after birth. You and your twin brother are both born from her magic, but now all your past memories are sealed. " She stated, pausing for me to give a reply as I opened my mouth. "So my mother is created from magic, and so was I and I have a twin brother, please Athena carry on."

Releasing a cough she continued. "Now going back to Karolyn, like I told you before she was a troublemaker, she met me at an annual god's summit where a giant ruckus broke out as she was bored, finding her personality interesting I started conversing with her. At first, it was a little boring but as we grew up she got more delightful to talk too, though that was before she created you and your brother. After both of you were created, Loki chose to lock her up in his castle alongside you, brainwashed your brother into serving him, and forced her to raise and train you, Loki picked him instead for you and your brother are the polar opposite of each other, you are born from darkness element while he is born from light element. Karolyn sent letters to me constantly updating me on how she fared being locked up, then came the successful unsealing of the God of Destruction. Betraying Loki, she brought you along with her to escape the castle and she did, even landing a fatal blow on the God of destruction, but sustained many injuries by the time she reached me with your unconscious body pleading for me to keep you safe, arguing with me to allow her to head back out to fight. Leaving me with no choice but to send her through dimensions, thus that was the last time I saw her." Even though she wore a mask, I couldn't help but feel that she was gazing at me. Letting out a sigh, she snapped her fingers, making a cup of tea overflowing with the scent of honey to descend onto my hands. "It's for your hoarse voice, a lady such as you should not let herself be ruined by a terrible sounding voice. You might want to get some rest too, I will wake all of you up later if needed."

Chugging down the tea, I thanked her for the tea and information she gave. Lying down, I adjusted myself to face Blitzschnell who had curled up into a ball of lightning yellow fluff, than Hati as instantaneous thoughts popped into my mind preventing me from sleeping. "I was created and I have a brother? I wonder will we fight just because both of us are polar opposites?" Still feeling restless, my eyes gradually opened to find that Athena had removed her mask but unfortunately with her back turned.

"Athena?"

Stunned to hear my voice, she frantically equipped back on her mask. "W-Why are you awake?" She questioned still securing her mask in place.

"I couldn't sleep but I want to ask, why do you hide your face?" I inquired, prompting her to stutter nervously as she tried to answer me.

Getting off the bed, I shuffled towards Athena as she finally stopped fidgeting with her mask.

"It's just some personal reason I have with Carl's father," lowering herself onto the chair that she had made appeared, a slightly depressed look formed on her face as she continued. "It's not going to be easy beating him you know."

Placing my hands on her shoulders, I reaffirmed her. "Even more so that I want to knock him out." Lifting my hands and squatting down, I asked, "Athena another request, could you teach me magic that enhances speed and damage?" My face lit up with a smile as she sighed through her nose and nodded.

"Just don't regret your choice, Katherine," snapping her fingers, the terrain changed back into the utterly obliterated space. Scanning around with a somewhat terrified smile, she muttered, "looks like I lots of work to do." Snapping her fingers again the terrain morphed, this time, however, we were now at the bottom of a ravine

"Now let the lesson begin."