Chapter 14

SORRY FOR TAKING SO LONG TO UPDATE BUT  IM BACK PEOPLE WHOOP WHOOP!!!!!!! I FINISHED MY OTHER BOOK TO SPEND MORE TIME ON THIS ONE! SO HERE YOU GO!

                                                                                        Alex's POV

                  "So if we go to Caramel Lane then make our way to Washington Drive we'd be able to make it back to our neighborhood in time for the party?" Layla plotted our route on the whiteboard in her room as I sat on her bed.

                "Ya I guess," I layed down and studied her ceiling, "we really don't have to go to that party if you don't want to Layla. We could always just trick- or- treat and then watch some movies."

               "No, really, its fine. Besides you want to go and besides that it'd be good for me to socialize a bit more."

              "it was just an idea, I was just brainstorming things to do tonight. But if you're okay with it and want to go-"

              She cut me off, "Of course I'm okay with it, we can go Alex."

             I smiled at her, "Just making sure."

             "Well we have about two hours before it gets dark and we can head out, want to watch a movie?"

             I nodded, "Sure!"

                                                                                      Layla's POV

     We ended up watching Nightmare Before Christmas, to my protest. Alex kept insisting it was a Halloween movie while I, on the other hand strongly disagreed, stating that it was a Christmas movie. We argued about it while trick- or- treating.

              "Though I can see where you're coming from with it being a more spoopy movie, Alex, the over all message of the movie is about Christmas."

             "No no no my vertically challenged friend, it is definitely a Halloween movie. The main character is a skeleton for goodness sake!"

              "So what!" I shot back as we walked to the next house, "there's a skeleton inside you and your life's not about Halloween is it?!"

                He just shook his head and smiled before knocking on the tall green door in front of us. I crossed my arms, determined to win the argument once we continued.

               A middle aged man opened the heavy-looking door, a frown etched on his face, "What do you two want!?"

                "Um, we're trick-or-treating," Alex stuck his bag out, "its Halloween sir."

               "Well I don't have any candy!" he shouted "Even if I did why would I give you two any- you look too old to be trick-or-treating! Now get lost!"

              And with that lovely farewell he slammed the door in our faces. Alex scoffed, "Rude much? Geez louis!"

             I shrugged, "Whatever lets just go. We need to get to the party anyway."

            I really didn't want to go to this party, I had a bad feeling about it.