The Mermaid Princess

Prologue

My father and I were sitting down on the sand, at our local beach, watching the sunset when bright red eyes appeared above the surface of the ocean.

The bright red eyes were so mesmerizing that I didn't hear my father speaking to me.

"Alison," My father's face was in mine then.

"Huh," I looked into my father's eyes.

"I'm going to go put away the picnic stuff."

"Okay," I nodded as I stared back into the ocean. Looking for the bright red eyes.

"Guess I imagined it--" The bright red eyes appeared above the surface again.

The bright red eyes looked at me tauntingly as a pale slender hand motioned me forward.

I looked at the bright red eyes with a confusing look as I stood up from my spot on the beach.

The pale slender hand motioned me forward as the bright red eyes mesmerized me again.

"Come," A voice whispered in the air as my eyes locked with the bright red ones.

"What," I whispered as I stopped at the shore. The ocean water was freezing and bit into my feet.

"Come here," The voice whispered in the air again.

I turned around to check if my father was still putting our stuff away in the car. He was.

"Come here, Alison." The voice rose with irritation.

I hesitated for a second before I dove into the ocean and swam to the bright red eyes. To my surprise, a young girl owned the bright red eyes, the pale slender hand and the voice that spoke to me.

She tredded the water as her bright red eyes grew even brighter.

"You're very interesting looking, Alison."

I furrowed my eyebrows as I tredded water myself.

Wait...how did this girl know my name?

The girl saw my suspicions.

"You're not affected by my siren powers." She said as she studied me. "That's very peculiar."

"Siren powers," I looked at her with a dumbfounded look before I could connect the dots.

A menacing smile came across her face.

"Oh yes," She giggled an evil laugh. Then a tail flipped to the surface behind her.

My face paled as her tail flipped to the surface behind her again. It looked green and scaly.

"Oh my," I gasped as I zeroed in on her tail.

Tail. Siren powers.

My eyes widened when my brain finally connected the dots. This girl was a mermaid. A siren.

"Ah, you found out my secret." She kept smiling evily at me. "Now I have to kill you."

"What--" My voice was caught in my throat as the girl dove underwater and pulled me under.

I screamed before I went underwater with the mermaid, the siren.

My vision was filmy as the siren took me deeper into the ocean. I could almost see the ocean floor, which wasn't far away from us.

However, the oceans surface was very far away from us.

As the siren kept leading me down, deeper into the ocean. I was beginning to feel lightheaded as I lost oxygen in my lungs.

I thought I was going to die and drown as this siren kept pulling me to the deep ocean.

To my surprise, I didn't.

My lungs didn't have that burning sensation of me losing oxygen.

Was I breathing underwater? I didn't know. I didn't have time to experiment either.

In my blurry vision I could make out someone familiar swimming toward us.

At first I thought it was another mermaid or something. Until I saw my father's light blonde hair floating through the water as he swam to us.

When he reached us he pulled an unfamiliar object from his pants pocket and pointed it at the siren.

The siren screamed and let go of me.

She gave my father a death glare before she quickly swam away from us.

As soon as the siren had let go of me. I immediately sank down deeper to the ocean.

Just as I was losing consciousness my father took hold of me and swam us back to the surface.

We both gasped for air once we reached the oceans surface.

"Are you okay?" My father asked as he swam us back to shore, which looked really far away.

I nodded as I coughed up a ton load of ocean water.

"Yes," I croaked as he laid us on the sandy beach.

"That's good." He was gasping for air as he pushed a few of my dirty blonde hair away from my face.

My father never asked me who the siren was. I don't think he cared about her, but when I did mention her after a while. He would say that my mind was making things up as something just caught me and sent me under water.

"Let's just put this all behind us. Okay, Ally?" My father said as we drove back home.

I was wrapped up in the spare blankets that we kept in the car.

"Fine," I agreed reluctantly.

The day I was almost taken from a siren, a mermaid, was the last day my father let me go out to the beach.

Author's Note:

So, what do you think? Yay or nay? Should I continue this story? Please comment down below and let me know.

P.S. Sorry if there are any typos.