Chapter 12

Alison, My mother swam to the sea shell bed. As you may or may not have noticed this but...the sea isn't calm anymore.

So, what does that have to do with you giving me a mermaid tail?

My mother smiled. You're the heir to the throne of Aquatic-- and-- you might be able to help calm the sea.

What do you mean by 'the sea isn't calm anymore'?" I looked at my mother intently.

Her shoulders slumped as she swam to a the other side of the room, to some sort of open window type thing.

Someone, or some thing, from the other seas are disrupting the ocean. My mother looked back at me. And, since, I'm-- we're-- the most powerful out of all of the seven seas. It only makes sense that you would take on the throne. Help calm the sea, that has been disrupted.

I still don't understand. I looked at my mother with an apologetic look.

She swam toward me and touched my face with her hand. I know, Alison, but I'll give you time to understand. It may not be much, but you need to understand the circumstances that we are in. This just doesn't effect what lives in the ocean. This also effects the humans as well.

Like dad, I gave her a worried look.

She nodded. Like your father, yes.

By the way, I quickly changed the subject. Dad told me to say that he says hi...and that he still loves you after all these years.

Oh, She raised an eyebrow, did he now?

I nodded. I think he wanted to tell you that he still cares about you. No matter what.

When I had mentioned my father, it made me come to wonder why my mother left.

Mom, can I ask you something?

Anything, We were swimming back to the Throne Room.

How come you left dad...and me? I bit down on my lower lip.

Oh, I knew this question was going to be asked one way or the other. She stopped us just outside the Throne Room. However I didn't think you would ask it for quite some time.

Mom, I gave her a look as she stalled.

All right, all right. She put her hands up in surrender as she smiled ruefully. I needed to come back here. To protect the mermaids and mermen here. I hadn't expected to stay here for sixteen years, but as time passed-- I wasn't able to leave. I needed to fulfill my duty, and I'm still not done fulfilling it.

Now you need my help?

Yes, now I need your help, Alison.

Well, that wasn't the kind of answer that I was hoping for, but at least my mother wasn't that kind of parent that just left out of the blue.

How did dad take the news of you having to leave so suddenly?

Your father was sad, She put her index finger under my chin. He knew that I had to go, even when he didn't want me to go. Heck, I didn't want to go, but I had to.

Did you leave after I was born?

No, She shook her head, in fact, I left when you were about three or four years old. You probably don't remember.

Yeah, I sighed. So, you lived with us on land, right?

She smiled. Yes, I did-- with the help of mermaid magic, of course.

Of course, I smiled back as we entered the Throne Room. Sarah and Aaron were waiting for us.

I hate to do this, I hugged my mother tightly, I have to go again, but I'll make sure to see if I can stay here more than just a few hours.

She nodded understandingly. Then you should go now.

I love you, I kept hugging her. I didn't want to let her go.

My mother hugged me back. Oh, I love you too, sweetheart. We'll see each other again. Have a safe trip-- and tell your father that I've always thought about him and I still love him.

I nodded as I joined Sarah and Aaron to the opening of the Throne Room.

By the time we got back, it was midnight and I was exhausted.

My father was watching a movie in the living room when I came in.

"How was your mothers?" He asked, not caring of what time it was. Well, maybe he did care, but just decided to let it go.

"Good," I said. "Did you know that my mother is a Queen of one of the regions in the seven seas?"

My father laughed as I sat down next to him on the couch.

"Yes, I know."

I sighed as I stared at the movie on the tv. "I know that I've wanted to be a Princess when I was younger, but never did I imagine it to be true. And to be a mermaid Princess as well."

"Even if you weren't a real Princess," He said as he put an arm around me. "You're still my Princess."

"Thanks, dad." I said as I laid my head against his chest. "Oh, by the way, mom says that she's always thought about you and that she's loved you all this time as well."

He kissed my hair. "That's nice. I'm glad."

Yeah same here, I thought as I fell asleep in my fathers arms.

Author's Note:

Okay, so here's this chapter.

I'm sorry that I haven't updated this story in awhile. I'm working on more than one story all at once.

So bare with me :)

Until next time, my lovelies.