Chapter 2

I couldn't believe that I was grounded, especially on the third week of summer vacation.

This can't be happening, I thought as I numbly readied my shower.

Okay, aside from getting grounded. Why in the heck did my legs turn into a tail, a mermaid tail?!

With that thought still processing in my mind, I stepped into my bathtub and let the hot water warm my cold body up.

At first, nothing happened. I was fine, my legs were fine. They didn't feel heavy, as if they were going to drag me down to the bathtub. It wasn't only until I was washing my hair that I felt the same odd, frightening sensation in my legs when I was in the ocean.

I looked down at my legs-- while they felt really heavy and numb-- and they slowly turned into a mermaid tail.

At First, there were only a couple of green scales spotting the skin of my legs. Then, my legs formed together and "poof" the scales covered what should have been my legs and "bam" my feet turned into thin green fins.

Without any warning I fell into my bathtub on my stomach.

I turned onto my back and my tail flopped over the bathtub a little.

"Well," I gasped at the sight of my mermaid tail. "This is totally awesome." Not! Deep down I was totally freaking out! I mean, who would have thought I was a mermaid?! Heck, who would have thought that mermaids even existed!

A short knock came from my bathroom door. My father's voice came after.

"Ally, are you okay in there? I heard a loud thud."

Crap! "Uh-- Yeah, I'm okay! I just dropped my shampoo bottle!"

Ugh, I surely hope my father had bought that. I'm such a terrible liar.

"Are you sure?" He hadn't bought it, dang it.

"Yes, I'm sure." I sat up and turned off the water. Then I turned the knob again to let the water fill the bathtub.

I heard my father chuckle behind the door before he let me take my bath, which I didn't have a choice.

"Great, just great." I looked at my tail. The fins just flopped up and down in the air with a mind of its own, over my bathtub.

Am I going to seriously turn into a mermaid every time water touches me? Do I have to avoid water as much as I can? Just like those girls from that one show called H2O: Just Add Water?

Maybe, but the real question was: How am I going to explain this to people if they ever find out, when they find out? Like, my father for instance. What if he spills water on me and "bam" I turn into a mermaid.

"Ugh," I groaned as I unplugged the drain of the bathtub to let the water drain out. When the water was all gone I just sat there, looking at my tail in both shock and wonder.

Could this be so bad, I thought as my fins flipped up and down in the air again. Maybe not, but for right now it was.

After a few minutes when I couldn't stand to sit in the bathtub all wet and, well, with a tail. My tail began to slowly transform back into legs. The scales gradually disappeared and my pale ivory legs formed back into two, rather than one.

I sighed as I got out of the bathtub and wrapped a towel around me. I was going to wrap my hair into a towel-- until I remembered that I had turned into a mermaid when I was in the process of shampooing my hair!

Quickly, I walked to the sink and looked into the mirror before me. I was bracing for the shampoo suds that would be covering my whole head.

However, there were no shampoo suds whatsoever. In fact, my dirty blonde hair wasn't even wet anymore and it felt soft to the touch.

"Okay," I slowly backed away from the mirror and the sink. "This is just too weird."

I quickly got out of the bathroom and changed into a tanktop and a pair of blue skinny jeans.

This was one heck of a day, I thought as I laid on my bed after I had put some clothes on.

Author's Note:

Okay, so I wrote another chapter to this story! For those of you who are reading this, hopefully there are many, I hope you like this chapter. Just a little scene to give Ally's tail a little more attention and to bring up the question: Where's Ally's mom and is she a mermaid? Well, you'll just have to wait and see :)

Sorry, if I referenced the Austrailian show, H2O: Just Add Water. I thought it was appropriate and I LOVE that show along with Mako Mermaids: An H2O Adventure.

All righty then, see you next time when I'm finished writing chapter 3. Hopefully a lot more comes out of the next chapter.