Request - Lorenzo st. John & Damon Salvatore "Change of heart"

"You have a lot of guts showing your face here..." Damon stood in front of you when he noticed who had just come through the door. He had taken you to his house a few days ago after rescuing you from Enzo who had attacked you in the middle of the night, going against what his friend wanted to do to you.

You couldn't help but be grateful... you had heard what the history between those two was and you wouldn't have been able to blame Damon if he would have chosen Enzo over you. You weren't the one Damon had to prove to he was your friend. Enzo was a completely different story.

"Come on, mate." Enzo didn't let the hostile start influence what he was doing. "Why the harsh words? I couldn't know she was under your protection." He closed the door behind him and poured himself a drink.
"How many more of those you have walking around? Just so I can pay attention to them when I need to feed the next time." He flopped on the couch, looking with something like amusement at Damon who was still standing between him and you.
"You can sit down, Damon. You don't need to play knight in shining armour again. Doing that once was enough."

Damon looked back at you.
"Do I need to kick him out?" He raised his eyebrow, as if he was just waiting for you to say the word until he would kick into action. Even when he looked a bit hesitant to do that to his former best friend.

You didn't want to stand between the two friends and Damon's protective attitude assured you of the fact that it wouldn't happen again, so you shook your head.
"No, it's ok. I don't want to stand between the two of you. You deserve to have someone like him in your life, Damon. Even when he's the worst influence on you in years. He can stay..."

Damon nodded and sat down next to you, as if he wanted to be close in case Enzo wouldn't keep his word and do anything to break the word he gave earlier.

Enzo did smile when he saw it, both at Damon's protectiveness as at your harsh words over him, even when he hadn't looked nervous while the judgment was still pending.
"You have my word, love. I wouldn't have attacked you if I knew you were interesting enough to attract Damon's attention. There must be something about you that justifies that." He pulled his legs up on the couch, almost lying down.

Damon looked surprised.
"I had no idea you trusted my judgment, Enzo. But yes... she's worth getting to know. Not like the boring humans in the rest of the town."

You frowned. You didn't really like the idea that you might be safe from the new arrival in town, but the fact that tonight it would be someone else in the place where you were before wasn't something that sat well with you. Then again, it was the same with Damon. You knew he wasn't the good guy you wanted him to be either.
"I'm not sure if I want to get to know the guy who was trying to make a snack out of me just a few days ago, Enzo. But feel free to try to convince me you're worth it. As long as you keep a distance of at least six feet. I don't trust you any closer."

"Do I detect a challenge there, darling? I can't say no to that..." The smile on Enzo's face told you it was one he was gladly accepting.
"We'll be best friends by the end of this month, I promise you that."