Chapter 3

Luna~

I have never been at the same school for more than six months, even in preschool.You might think it’s because my parents move a lot.Well you thought wrong. I have no parents.I was dropped at the door of an orphanage in California when I was two months old.Now, if you just said 'Aww,' or 'I'm sorry,' then take it back!'Cause I hate sympathy; I don't give it and I won’t take it.Sorry, I overreacted, but I'm still against sympathy.I'm not evil or anything it’s just sympathy makes me feel weak. I don't do weak.Anyways, you might be wondering how I got kicked out of preschool.Well I don't want to tell you, but lucky for you I have to.I was framed for pushing a girl.Oh, you want more details; she fell of a cliff, got a minor concussion and broke her arm.That wasn't enough?Well I don't remember anything else, sorry.And my last school.My last school was stupid.So stupid I got kicked out for punching a kid that hit me first.It was self defense people!Self defense!Whatever.

I was in my dorm room at my latest school and I just finish unpacking when the door opened and this giant, walking, talking Barbie doll walked in.She looked at me and her mouth dropped open and her gum fell to the floor.

"Oh-em-gee!You just wrecked my room!" she shouted.

"Well, now you have to share this room, Barbie." I replied.

We agreed that the room could stay the way I put it if I let her put makeup on me, I learned that her name is Bethany and that she's not a robotic Barbie doll (but I'm still going to call her Barbie).

After Barbie left, I walked over to the window.It had an okay view, but the fact that I could see the gate made me want to leave.All of the sudden I saw two bikers pop out of nowhere.I didn't really care that they magically appeared, I've seen weirder things than that, but now all I wanted to do was hop on one of those bikes and ride away from living Barbie.I looked at my watch '11:10'.I waited for it to be 11:11, but now that I was watching the clock, time seemed to slow down but finally that last digit changed into a one.

'I wish I could hop on one of those bikes and leave this place in the dust,' I thought.I waited a little and nothing happened.I laughed at myself for expecting anything to happen.I got up and left my dorm and while I was walking to the cafeteria, I ran into a skinny middle aged man.

"Oh hey Luna!” I spun around at the sound of my name, “I've been looking you," he said, "Come with me," he grabbed my arm and dragged me outside to the front gate.He pointed to a group of five motorcycles. "Stand right there."

"Wait!" I called after him, "What am I suppose to do?"

"Nothing just don't touch the bikes yet," he yelled over his shoulder.

Wait a sec, 'yet'?I liked the sound of that!

I waited for a minute, then two girls and two boys walked up to me.One of them was Bethany "What are you doing here!" we yelled at the same time.

"Oh good, you know eachother," said the other girl, "I'm Chloe and this is my partner Timmy," she pointed at a boy with long jet black hair and black eyes.He smiled at me then Chloe turned to face the other boy, "Noah, this is Luna and this is Bethany," Noah nodded and looked a little confused.You can’t blame him he was pretty much getting kidnapped. "Any questions?” she paused, “Good.Hop on a bike and follow me."

So I hopped on a motorcycle and so did everyone else but Bethany, "Come on Barbie!I wanna go!" I whined.

"Where are we going?" she asked.

"To a summer camp. Your dad sent us to pick you up." Chloe replied and Bethany nodded.

"But summer starts in two months," Noah said.

"The camp starts early," Noah nodded, "Alright lets go!"

"They’re all Terrain so we'll try to stay off the roads!" Timmy told us.

I looked back at Bethany and she still wasn't on her bike, "Get. On. The. Bike!" I shouted at her and she finally did what she was told.

Timmy left first, then Chloe, followed by Noah, me, and then Barbie.We headed into the woods and we had to stop a few times because Bethany can’t drive a motorcycle and kept running into trees, but eventually we made it to a clearing.We all stopped, but Timmy, who kept on driving, disappeared from view within seconds.Wow, I hadn't noticed how fast we were going.I looked over at Chloe; she was pushing a metal grate away from a hole in the ground. She then got up and ran back over to us, "Let’s go."

"We’ve been driving forever," mumbled Barbie.She was right, we had been driving for a long time but I didn’t care because as long as I didn’t have to go to school all was good.

I followed Chloe into the underground tunnel.We followed the tunnel for a while then it turned more cave-like.After a little bit of following the cave I saw a light at the end of the tunnel and I sped up and then I was on a beach.I skidded to a stop.

I looked up and I felt at home.I had never been outside at night, there had always been curfews and locked doors keeping me from the outside world at night. I could hear Noah going on about Perry Johnson books by Mitch Fireman or something, but I didn't care.I couldn't take my eyes off the moon.Looking at it through dirty windows wasn't the same as real thing.It was beautiful.It felt like home.