Two

Lily almost burst with excitement at just the  thought of belonging to Gryffindor; the house for those brave at heart. The house of her parents, as well as most of their closest friends, Headmistress McGonagall, and even Albus Dumbledore! Gryffindor, the house that made Lily feel right at home.

McGonagall lifted the Sorting Hat with a knowing smile, and Lily hopped down the steps to the Gryffindor table. She found a seat next to Stella and her fourth-year sister, Hally. The table full of Gryffindors chanted, "We got Potter! We got Potter!" Stella congratulated Lily excitedly and turned to watch the rest of the Sorting take place.

"Pine, Sarah!"

"Ravenclaw!"

"Stein, Jackson!"

"Gryffindor!"

"Scranton, Maggie!"

"Hufflepuff!"

"Tracy, Alexander!"

"Slytherin!"

"Vince, Annie!"

"Gryffindor!"

Lily whooped and clapped with her fellow Gryffindors.

"Weasley, Louis!"

Lily's cousin Louis was a small, scrawny blonde boy, somewhat like Scorpius. Louis took after his mother, Fleur, rather than his father, Bill.

"Ravenclaw!"

The student body seemed a little surprised at a Ravenclaw Weasley.

"Weasley, Hugo!"

Hugo was standing amidst the small number of people left to be Sorted. Lily watched as the hat was placed on his head. She crossed her fingers and hoped they would be Sorted into the same house.

"Gryffindor!" The hat decided. The already overboard amount of noise coming from the table rose to a deafening height, but Stella and Lily clapped louder than any other proud Gryffindor. Yet the hat still was not finished.

"Yates, Brenna!"

"Slytherin!"

Hugo sat down next to her, grinning. "Well that went as well as we could hope, don't you think? My dad's going to be proud." Lily smiled. Her father had already witnessed her Sorting. She couldn't help but look forward to the coming year, what with Harry being there to talk to if there ever was a problem. When others were sending owls out to their parents every night, missing their family, Lily had to look no further than the third floor.

With all their children out of the house, Ginny and Harry had some quiet alone time—which they desperately needed—although sometimes it was lonely. At least one Potter child would send a letter everyday, telling how much they missed them, or about how things were going at Hogwarts. Occasionally they would even receive a friendly note from Scorpius, to whom Ginny was like the mother he no longer had.

"Again, welcome, first-years, to Hogwarts. I hope you find a sense of home here, and with your new house. Now that that's settled...let us feast!" As soon as Professor McGonagall said the words, an extraordinary variety of scrumptious foods magically appeared on the table. It was so fast that if you'd blinked, you'd have missed it.

Lily watched Hugo as he tore off a giant chunk of turkey leg with his teeth. "Mom's cooking never tasted this good!" To her right she could hear Stella's moans of agreement as she stuffed her face with mashed potatoes. Lily loaded her pate with whatever looked appealing, and forced down as much delicious food as she could hold. When everyone was so full they looked green, they had the intuition to stop eating. Hally Gladstone laughed at the sight of the three kids slumped at the table in front of her.